Edmonton vs Calgary?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who do Lions fans want to win the two game series?

Calgary
26%
Edmonton
26%
Spilt
49%

Total votes: 35
Rammer
Team Captain

Who do we want to win this back to back matchup?

Large implications for us, should the Stamps win both, but it would mean a near death to the Eskimos reaching the playoffs fir the first time in 35 years.
Entertainment value = an all time low
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

The fact that this home-and-home tilt could spell the end of the Moes season-ending losses, out of the playoffs seem like poetic justice, for what occurred in last seasons semi-final.

A game ultimately winnable for Calgary, but in light of the turnovers made that day, no team can win when they're too busy killing their own chances of success with gaffs.

Let's hope this truly is the end of the green and gold this season! :bawl:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Now that Saskatchewan has beaten Winnipeg I'll vote for a split. If the Riders had lost last night I would have hoped for Calgary to sweep just to keep the Esks from moving ahead of Sask.
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

We still play Calgary twice so I'm very close to picking Cal. to sweep but smart pick is a split. It is going to be so sweet to see Ed. miss the playoffs :yes: .
Bighill is Badass
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Winnipeg better get their act together quick or Edmonton will be crossing over.
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

That's a good point, GO WINNIPEG!!
Bighill is Badass
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I'm thinking a split would be good, but it would also be kind of funny to see the Esks cross over. :twisted: It's up in the air. :hypno:
Real women wear orange!!
Ballistic Bob
Legend

An Eskie sweep leaves B.C. with 4 and 6 point cushions over Stumps and Blubber Boys. BB
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:An Eskie sweep leaves B.C. with 4 and 6 point cushions over Stumps and Blubber Boys. BB
Agreed with BB on this one.

I voted for the Eskie sweep but the question is tricky. The Esks sweep is best for the BC Lions but I do like the Stamps sort of as I have family in Calgary and that is where my mom came from and where we spent parts of our summers as kids and going to the Stampede. All this despite the hatred between the Lions and Wally's Stamps...during some bitter rivalries.

I must admit my fondness for the Eskimos is diminished in recent years other than cheering for the west in GC's.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
LFITQ
Team Captain

I'm really torn in this one.

Yes we still have games against Calgary which means even if they sweep this series our destiny is still in our own hands. However, it would be nice to see both teams from Alberta drop significantly behind us.

Having Calgary knock the Eskimos out could be nice, because it would virtually guarantee us a playoff spot.

But I think I am going to vote for the 3rd choice. A "Spilt". I want to see lots of carnage and "spilt" on both sides of the ball ... 8)

I guess in the end I just really want these gams to live up to the hype and let's have some good hard hitting, well played, well reffed, entertaining football and let the football gods decide who comes out the victor.

Besides the "Labour Day" weekend result I wanted already happened. The Lions rented that mule again!!
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Rammer
Team Captain

Well we can now eliminate the Eskimos sweep choice, as they just had their collective butts handed to them after their bye week to get things prepared for the Stamps. I voted for a Stamps sweep to elimintae the Esks from the West side of the playoffs and will hope for the Bombers to find their game again soon enough, maybe we can spot them one if we take the next two from Calgary.... :wink:
Entertainment value = an all time low
squishy35
Legend

As long as the Eskimos do not make the crossover then all will be well with the CFL.

I think the Reffing in today's game was adequate. Some of the late hit calls on Ray and Burris were a little quick with the flag.

Edmonton's Offensive line is very offensive. They are just brutal.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Man, it was a joy to see the Stampeders stomp the Schmoes this afternoon. :lol:
Gerry
Legend

I voted for the Esks to sweep.

I really don't like this version of the Stamps, and I want to keep them well behind us. So far, so bad.
Enough is enough.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Man, it was a joy to see the Stampeders stomp the Schmoes this afternoon. :lol:
Well, over at Eskfans.com it's all the refs fault.

No mention of the fact they couldn't tackle in the second half.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.