Lions Marketing Thread

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here .. as do past Felion Prowl Photo Shoots :)

Moderator: Team Captains

Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Tap some of the families that are looking to replace hockey?
theres also a sport called lacrosse too :lol: :rockin:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

120dB wrote:What will it take to get 60,000 for the Western Final?
this is my take

last season wdf was 55,000
seems like there is a good solid core of 30,000 to 35,000 per reg. season game
and that number will keep rising as the season starts to wind down as long as the leos are winning.
so the wdf will have close to 60,000, especially with the next game being the Big one.

In a city as big as Vancouver is ,including the lower mainland, island, and other outlying areas, I'm surprised we don't get an average of oh, 45,000 to 50,000.
Bighill is Badass
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Didn't they march out that huge middle school band from some Fraser Valley School at the half last game and say they were the Grey Cup band?

I was impressed that a local middle school had that many students let alone that many in a band.

You are right about the marketing this past couple of years. It sucks bad although it seems to the in type of marketing.

My preference is for something with players involved but is there enough continuity of players these days - they move a lot in the CFL - to use them better.

The keep it in the stands thing is dumb but maybe it works for others.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Dexter_h

I wish some of you were in the BC Lions management and marketing
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

AC/DCrocks wrote:
120dB wrote:What will it take to get 60,000 for the Western Final?
this is my take

last season wdf was 55,000
seems like there is a good solid core of 30,000 to 35,000 per reg. season game
and that number will keep rising as the season starts to wind down as long as the leos are winning.
so the wdf will have close to 60,000, especially with the next game being the Big one.

In a city as big as Vancouver is ,including the lower mainland, island, and other outlying areas, I'm surprised we don't get an average of oh,
45,000 to 50,000.
Unfortunately, the WDF wasnt our biggest attendance night of the year! :sigh: (Excluding Grey Cup)
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
David
Team Captain

It still sticks in my craw at how poorly the WDF was promoted. It was as though Management had poured all of its available budget into the Grey Cup game (which on some levels was over-promoted) and decided, "to hell with the appetizer, let's splurge on the entre?." I'm not denying the Grey Cup was a perfectly executed first-class event. However, it merely served to shine a light on the inferiority of the West Final as an event by comparison. Everything from the rather dull print ads leading up to the big game to the well-meaning but frankly, rank amateur rinky dink half-time show.

And don't even get me started on the pricing structure at BC Place. You know, for an organization that seems to constantly stress the importance of crowd noise at its games and its effect on the outcome, it sure doesn't appear go all out to put bums in the seats. :no:

DH 8)
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

David wrote:It still sticks in my craw at how poorly the WDF was promoted. It was as though Management had poured all of its available budget into the Grey Cup game (which on some levels was over-promoted) and decided, "to hell with the appetizer, let's splurge on the entre?." I'm not denying the Grey Cup was a perfectly executed first-class event. However, it merely served to shine a light on the inferiority of the West Final as an event by comparison. Everything from the rather dull print ads leading up to the big game to the well-meaning but frankly, rank amateur rinky dink half-time show.

And don't even get me started on the pricing structure at BC Place. You know, for an organization that seems to constantly stress the importance of crowd noise at its games and its effect on the outcome, it sure doesn't appear go all out to put bums in the seats. :no:

DH 8)
The halftime shows are always Dink at Lions games.

pinkfreud

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:The halftime shows are always Dink at Lions games.
I recall the Beefeater's band was the standard half time show when I went as a kid (and you weren't born yet). At least there seems to be a bit more variety now.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Back in the days of Empire Stadium, the pregame show consisted of Dal Richards and his Beefeater's Band "marching" around the stadium. I use the term marching loosely because none of them can march in sync. They remind me of the Freddy Fuddpucker marching band.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

pinkfreud wrote:
Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:The halftime shows are always Dink at Lions games.
I recall the Beefeater's band was the standard half time show when I went as a kid (and you weren't born yet). At least there seems to be a bit more variety now.
Well then I must be bad luck for the Lions half time shows, cause they've sucked &@!!$!

ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

Speaking of marketing, I don't get the new season tickets ad not even using footage from last season. It's the same ad they used before last year.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

There will always be 2 staples at Lions Games:
1)Salute to Veterans
2)Salute to Amateur football
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Canuck_4_Life wrote:There will always be 2 staples at Lions Games:
1)Salute to Veterans
2)Salute to Amateur football
C4L, you forgot the most important staple at Lions Halftime shows;
The mascot soccer game, which is why 29 thousand people came to the July 15th game! 8)

Every year I've been a Lions fan, excluding this year I'd never had seasons tickets, but for some reason I've been to the past 3 or 4 mascot games without knowing it, and it always proves to be entertaining.

MacNews
Team Captain

ThreeTimesOneMinusOne wrote:Speaking of marketing, I don't get the new season tickets ad not even using footage from last season. It's the same ad they used before last year.
I don't get that either. There are plenty of highlights to showcase, such as Geroy Simon's record long bomb in the WDF. It was in the WDF right?
CB123
Legend

I donno if it has been mentioned here but...

I think the Lions should take a page out of the Vancouver Giants book. Every season they have 2 Unused Season Ticket game nights. So if you have missed a game during the season, you can bring your unused tickets to the Box Office the night of the game, and then they exchange them for tickets for that night. It is a really good idea! Next tuesday is the 1st night this season, and I am bringing 5 friends to the game with me! It was so much fun last year! If you get there early enough, you can choose your seats, last year I got us 6 seats in the front row, on the giants side, so we would band on the glass every time the giants scored, it was so awesome!
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!