Lions Marketing Thread

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here .. as do past Felion Prowl Photo Shoots :)

Moderator: Team Captains

MacNews
Team Captain

120dB wrote:What will it take to get 60,000 for the Western Final?
Tons of marketing, plain and simple.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

is there any kind of anti gaming law or something that would prevent the lions from giving away a car at every game. Do ya think that if it was well advertised that it would draw at least a 1000 extra people to every game. If so, then it would more than pay for itself, I think?
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
MacNews
Team Captain

It would cost a lot money, for one.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

MacNews wrote:It would cost a lot money, for one.
how do you mean.

A faily simplistic example. Buy a 30,000 car. Draw in an extra 1000 people at 40 bucks a seat. Thats a 10,000 gain. No?

Now, they could get cheaper but still decent vehicles. Then could could buy a fleet of 8 and get a fleet deal on them, plus possibly draw in more than just 1000 extra people.
bc49
Hall of Famer

Cracks me up that a guy who never goes to games is tossing out advice on how to get others out to games!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

bc49 wrote:Cracks me up that a guy who never goes to games is tossing out advice on how to get others out to games!
at least I am not a bandwagon fairweather fan than only goes when things are good for the lions. If I was into attending sport events, I would be die hard no matter if the team had 10 losing season in a row.

I have legit reasons for not going very often including , but not only, finances and slight case of something akin to crowd phobia or whatever one would call it. If you and other can't accept that, if you want look down on me because of it, then you know what you can do.

As for my "tossing out advice". One thing has nothing to do with the other. I have quite a bit of respect for those that do go. In fact I have long been intending to post the following on 13thman someday, when ever I decide to post there again, if permitted.

As one who is unable to go to many games and has never been to a cup game, I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation to all those dedicated season tick holders and cup game attendees. You guys are the ones who keep this league going for the rest of us who for one reason or another are unable to do so. As we sit in our comfy living rooms (or bars, or whatever) enjoying the game on the tube, we have you to thank, and I do so thank each and every one of you very much for over 38 yrs of CFL enjoyment, and counting. Cheers and Beer to all.

FYB\KIA

Ya see, I do care about attendance and if I can ever do anything to help increase it, I will. In the meantime, you wanna cast negative judgement on me for not being "one of you", I guess nothing I say will change that and I will just have to live with it.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

picture this... WDF final... Loooooo raising the "13th Man" flag at the dome.... how cool would that be?! You know he'd get a big reception

As for the #12 jerseys... I prefer mine to say Dickenson... but "Fan" is pretty cool too.
That sends shivers up my spine just thinking of it. As for the jersey, it would be Wynn taking the hit not Dickenson, remember, "13thman". :)

I sent this suggestion to Bobby Ackles but never got a response. :(
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
3rd Down

KnowItAll wrote:
bc49 wrote:Cracks me up that a guy who never goes to games is tossing out advice on how to get others out to games!
at least I am not a bandwagon fairweather fan than only goes when things are good for the lions. If I was into attending sport events, I would be die hard no matter if the team had 10 losing season in a row.

I have legit reasons for not going very often including , but not only, finances and slight case of something akin to crowd phobia or whatever one would call it. If you and other can't accept that, if you want look down on me because of it, then you know what you can do.

As for my "tossing out advice". One thing has nothing to do with the other. I have quite a bit of respect for those that do go. In fact I have long been intending to post the following on 13thman someday, when ever I decide to post there again, if permitted.

As one who is unable to go to many games and has never been to a cup game, I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation to all those dedicated season tick holders and cup game attendees. You guys are the ones who keep this league going for the rest of us who for one reason or another are unable to do so. As we sit in our comfy living rooms (or bars, or whatever) enjoying the game on the tube, we have you to thank, and I do so thank each and every one of you very much for over 38 yrs of CFL enjoyment, and counting. Cheers and Beer to all.

FYB\KIA

Ya see, I do care about attendance and if I can ever do anything to help increase it, I will. In the meantime, you wanna cast negative judgement on me for not being "one of you", I guess nothing I say will change that and I will just have to live with it.
...nice FYB/KIA ...I remember having an argument with you in the past about this ... I now understand your situation better ... thanks

Roar Lions!
omega2000

OrangeShoes99 wrote:
picture this... WDF final... Loooooo raising the "13th Man" flag at the dome.... how cool would that be?! You know he'd get a big reception

As for the #12 jerseys... I prefer mine to say Dickenson... but "Fan" is pretty cool too.
That sends shivers up my spine just thinking of it. As for the jersey, it would be Wynn taking the hit not Dickenson, remember, "13thman". :)

I sent this suggestion to Bobby Ackles but never got a response. :(
Actually I was referring to the #12 jerseys they sell in Seattle. Whenever I go down there to watch a game I am blown away by the amount of people who wear them to the games. Someone in their marketing dept. really came up with a winner.

Too bad Bobby never got back to you OS99... I really think they could make use of that. If they try and incorporate the fans into the game as the 13th man then it might stimulate a better atmosphere. It does help in Seattle because whenever they raise the 12th man flag the place goes nuts.

Oh yeah just a footnote... I am well aware that we have 12 guys/side on the field at anyone time :wink: And I still prefer my #12 to say Dickenson! What about #13 "Lionbacker"... that would be pretty cool... sorry Spurgeon!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

3rd Down wrote: ...nice FYB/KIA ...I remember having an argument with you in the past about this ... I now understand your situation better ... thanks

Roar Lions!
heh heh, let us not forget that a few of my reason for not going are reasons you really don't like, but hey, peace, understanding and acceptance always works better for me.

And thank YOU
3rd Down

KnowItAll wrote:
3rd Down wrote: ...nice FYB/KIA ...I remember having an argument with you in the past about this ... I now understand your situation better ... thanks

Roar Lions!
heh heh, let us not forget that a few of my reason for not going are reasons you really don't like, but hey, peace, understanding and acceptance always works better for me.

And thank YOU
Ha Ha ... as they say in McGill ... "Make some NOOOOYYYYYYZE"
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

It occurs to me that in the off season, the refs should do a tour of all the CFL cities and maybe a few others and show some good sport by letting us throw pies at them and dunk them in cold water and..... Be a good way to raise money to spend on improved reffing, maybe.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
D
Team Captain

moving to the thread archive .... with the other Lions Marketing thread :roll:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Brent_Johnson97

The lions have alot of good "give-aways" at the game. Yet they do not seem to advertise this very much. There marketing campains are aimed in the right direction.They give away a trip to anywhere in Canada for walking a with a plastic plane on you onto a target(with a blind fold on mind you). Aswell they have things like the million dollar catch to win, where a contastant gets 3 footballs fired at them, if they catch them they win some prize that I cant rember. There is some other small ones like the Tim Hortons game etc etc. I belive that the team should invest some money into adverstsing these games "as the fun between plays" are something.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

as they say in McGill ... "Make some NOOOOYYYYYYZE"
for some reason that really pi$$e$ me off.......... :bang: :x
2012 Season Ticket Holder