How did you find out about this website?

From time to time there are some threads worthy of keeping .... they go in here .. as do past Felion Prowl Photo Shoots :)

Moderator: Team Captains

Swervin Mervyn

Got tired of the lack of real info from the Leos "official" site (big surprise) so I also did a Yahoo search and was very pleasantly surprised when I found this site. I'am truly home :beer: .
Surrey lioness
Starter

Yeah, I heard about it during one of the bc lions games and checked it out. Became a regular "browser" and then finally commited to registering. It's cool cus now my friends will be like "Did you hear that...blah blah blah?" And I always seem to respond with "shya, like a week ago."

What's up with bclions.com anyway... compared to the other cfl team sites, it isn't much. Thy're more involved and use macromedia flash, sound effects etc...
I know I'm not purrfect, but I'm Canadian....which is close enough.
Steve O'Brien

I forget exactly but it was prob old-fashioned slogging with Google etc or links from other CFL forums.

Previous poster right about official Lions ' one. Too hard to read half the stuff. Of course, that was when I had a 13 yrd old monitor with a 9" viewing area.

Now I've got an IBM 17" flatscreen. A week after I got it, it got seven or eight scratches down middle of screen when I was moving. I can't win for trying
obs
Champion

Thy're more involved and use macromedia flash, sound effects etc...

Personally hate that stuff. There are times when they're useful (such as sites to promote movies) but I find that those features get abused.
MacNews
Team Captain

I can't believe that bclions.com got rid of their forum, it shows how up to snuff their marketing department is. :roll: It builds fan participation...look at how successful the Canucks are. Enough said.
D
Team Captain

obs wrote:Thy're more involved and use macromedia flash, sound effects etc...

Personally hate that stuff. There are times when they're useful (such as sites to promote movies) but I find that those features get abused.
what he said :beauty:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Jockey_Girl

for all who don't know me..i'm the infamous icecream girl outside 17...!
i sell all the wonderful malts and drumsticks and haagen dazs and what not...and then these crazy beasts from this forum attack me and force me to give them icecream :lol:
D
Team Captain

and then these crazy beasts from this forum attack me and force me to give them icecream
:shock:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Big_Fisha

SImiliar to GrandmasterC, I was looking for a BC Lions picture for a collage I had to do. Well, underneath the preview pic, it showed the site the pic came from and I just gave it a whirl and thought "Sweet! People who love the BC Lions!" and I proceeded to join.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

D wrote:well we have a lot of new folks on here lately so the question needs to be asked ....

How did you find out about this website?

and congrats ... if your looking for the latest news, info and opinions on the Lions this is THE place :roar:
I was doing some research on Lions' history and a search engine (likely Google) referred me here. As some of my postings indicate, I have a very good memory about many historical Lions facts since I started following them in 1983.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Nineteen eighty three is historical?

Damn
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:Nineteen eighty three is historical?

Damn
Yep, I second that. :bawl:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Damn
I only said that I started following the Lions starting in 1983. That's when I was old enough to understand the game of football.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Robbie wrote:

Damn
I only said that I started following the Lions starting in 1983. That's when I was old enough to understand the game of football.
And they are questioning it as "historical" simply because they MUCH MUCH older than that .... :roar: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??