How to post a big long link properly

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

If you start a thread with a big long link like ... http://www.canada.com/sports/football/c ... 8d4fb8e0b8

you stretch the front page making it look really wide and ugly so to post that link properly please do the following without the spaces ... the spaces are just to show youy what I have done

type ... link here

end result will look like this link here

a much nicer look ... for more tips on proper posting
look here
I own The Grey Cup! .com
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Another way to shorten long links can be found at http://tinyurl.com
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Can we make this a sticky, because it seems like there are still some who are posting lonnnngggg links! :wink:
Real women wear orange!!
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:Can we make this a sticky, because it seems like there are still some who are posting lonnnngggg links! :wink:
Guilty as charged :oops: .......I can never remember how or where to find the answer. :bang:
Lloyd
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
CatsEyes wrote:Can we make this a sticky, because it seems like there are still some who are posting lonnnngggg links! :wink:
Guilty as charged :oops: .......I can never remember how or where to find the answer. :bang:
Actually, I can't pinpoint any one "guilty" party :wink: It's just that when it happens, I keep meaning to bring this thread up, but forgot. Today I found it. :rockin: It's a great little tool, and works awesome! :yes:
Real women wear orange!!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

testing
test

Shoot, forgot I cant delete here, sigh
Every day that passes is one you can't get back