and we are back ....

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

not sure what happened but sometime today we lost the main room Canadian Professional football :shock:

I have restored things but have lost all post today from 5 am to the time of this post, sorry for any inconvenience
I own The Grey Cup! .com
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

:thup: :thup:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

So my post outlining my full proof solution for world peace and the permanent end to hunger for $513.27 was lost? Damn! If only my subsequent brain surgery could have been postponed for another day. Now I can only remember that for some reason I hate Rider fans :wink:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:So my post outlining my full proof solution for world peace and the permanent end to hunger for $513.27 was lost? Damn! If only my subsequent brain surgery could have been postponed for another day. Now I can only remember that for some reason I hate Rider fans :wink:

Can you send me back the $513.27 I gave you before the brain surgery, now that you can't deliver. Small bills please. No checks.
Rodu
Champion

So anyway, any word on who will replace McGarva at backup safety?
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Blue In BC wrote:
Sir Purrcival wrote:So my post outlining my full proof solution for world peace and the permanent end to hunger for $513.27 was lost? Damn! If only my subsequent brain surgery could have been postponed for another day. Now I can only remember that for some reason I hate Rider fans :wink:

Can you send me back the $513.27 I gave you before the brain surgery, now that you can't deliver. Small bills please. No checks.

LOL Sorry, that was exactly the amount I required to replace my laptop after I sprayed my drink on it.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
D
Team Captain

and we are back again .... tho we are missing a few days posts

in talking to tech support they say there is an issue with the server that they are working on
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Rodu wrote:So anyway, any word on who will replace McGarva at backup safety?
What happened to him anyway? I was out in the backcountry for a week and just got to see the game last night. Did something happen when he got kicked in the head by Grant Shaw (and drew a contacting the kicker penalty)? Though he looked okay after that.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

D wrote:and we are back again .... tho we are missing a few days posts

in talking to tech support they say there is an issue with the server that they are working on
Yes, I just noticed that; everything posted since about early am last Friday has now unfortunately gone missing. This time the erasure seems to have affected all the chat rooms; I could be wrong but my impression from the same incident last week was it only affected the board that went missing (i.e. the main one) while nothing else went wrong. Oh well, not much we can do about it now, I guess.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Rodu
Champion

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:
Rodu wrote:So anyway, any word on who will replace McGarva at backup safety?
What happened to him anyway? I was out in the backcountry for a week and just got to see the game last night. Did something happen when he got kicked in the head by Grant Shaw (and drew a contacting the kicker penalty)? Though he looked okay after that.
he blew out his knee, done for the year, not from that play
D
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:
D wrote:and we are back again .... tho we are missing a few days posts

Yes, I just noticed that; everything posted since about early am last Friday has now unfortunately gone missing. This time the erasure seems to have affected all the chat rooms; I could be wrong but my impression from the same incident last week was it only affected the board that went missing (i.e. the main one) while nothing else went wrong. Oh well, not much we can do about it now, I guess.
not much can be done at all other than hope they get this resolved soon. we lost a couple days because the most recent back up the CFL room was still missing, so I want to a backup a couple days older
I own The Grey Cup! .com
zark
Champion

Thanks D. Don't want to miss a Blitz report.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx