We should change the fourm format to this....

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lions33
Starter

This format is very easy to read and navigate. It looks much better. And you can add sections and get to them a lot easier. I just found it better to use and post on. Anyway we could try this out?
http://seahawkblue.com/index.php
Soundy
Hall of Famer

That board uses vBulletin - entirely different forum package.

As someone who recently upgraded someone else's board from phpBB v2 to v3, as D did recently here, I can tell you, it's a MASSIVE amount of work just to do an upgrade like that... forget switching over to a completely different back-end (not to mention, without a converter, you'd lose the entire message and user base in the process).
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

I find it hard to believe how D could make his work of love any better than it allreay is, was, or could be in the foreseeable future.

His work remains an undaunteded devotion to the ideal that any single team of individuals can capture the imagination, hearts, and minds of generations, and the renewal that only a new season can bring.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
D
Team Captain

Soundy wrote:That board uses vBulletin - entirely different forum package.

As someone who recently upgraded someone else's board from phpBB v2 to v3, as D did recently here.
I went from 2 to 3 last year ... but with 13thman I get to do it in Stereo :bang: :bang:

the old look had problems .... uploading avatars and mark all forums read didn't work there were also some admin related issues not working
I own The Grey Cup! .com
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Lions33 wrote:This format is very easy to read and navigate. It looks much better. And you can add sections and get to them a lot easier. I just found it better to use and post on. Anyway we could try this out?
http://seahawkblue.com/index.php
Love that "we" bit.

D busts his ass on here and everyone is a critic. I know he asked for suggestions, but damn.

Here, maybe "we" could learn to spell forum before you want to have the entire forum overhauled for your preference. :tp: :clown:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
D
Team Captain

thanks for the support! ... i'm getting all misty :beauty:

I just posted a State of the site address in this thread http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... 68#p235465 to give everyone the scoop on what's been going on around here :beer:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

PigSkin_53 wrote:I find it hard to believe how D could make his work of love any better than it allreay is, was, or could be in the foreseeable future.

His work remains an undaunteded devotion to the ideal that any single team of individuals can capture the imagination, hearts, and minds of generations, and the renewal that only a new season can bring.

:hmm: