New Lionbackers.com format - feedback?

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

bclions16 wrote: Right now it's very hard to see where one comment starts and one finishes, which is a critical issue for a forum. The black and grey shading are too close to each other, and just need more contrast to separate the posts. Also, the thick orange line above the signature makes it look like the signature could be part of the next post - perhaps make it a light grey and thinner, and put a bolder line between posts.
I agree .... it's really hard to find and edit that section of code, problem is when you go to change one thing you also change 3 others that you didn't want to change. it'll take me awhile to make the changes but it will get done :beauty:
bclions16 wrote: I'd like to see a prominent link to "view active topics"
I use the "View new posts" more often so that is now featured on every page load.
I also still have some work to do on the FP
bclions16 wrote:
Bobbyp wrote:You shouldnt ask.
He didn't.
Bobbyp wrote:What did you expect?
Respect, politeness, constructive suggestions, etc.
:good:

As I stated earlier .... due to some other matters this makeover was rushed in, it's not were I want it but it will be by the time TC rolls around

the funny thing is the site gets a major makeover every year or 2 and everyone always seems to prefer the old version, Does that mean people don't like change? or does the site just get worse every year?
I own The Grey Cup! .com
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

D wrote:I use the "View new posts" more often so that is now featured on every page load.
I find it useful, too, D. If I might make a suggestion, I'd also like to see it near the bottom of each page of posts. That would save having to home or scroll back to the top of each page when I'm ready to move on to the next thread.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
D
Team Captain

D wrote:
bclions16 wrote: Right now it's very hard to see where one comment starts and one finishes, which is a critical issue for a forum. The black and grey shading are too close to each other, and just need more contrast to separate the posts. Also, the thick orange line above the signature makes it look like the signature could be part of the next post - perhaps make it a light grey and thinner, and put a bolder line between posts.
I agree .... it's really hard to find and edit that section of code, problem is when you go to change one thing you also change 3 others that you didn't want to change. it'll take me awhile to make the changes but it will get done :beauty:
That should be a lot better
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Bobbyp
Champion

I really dont care what it looks like, why fix something thats not broken and Ill still come here so it doesnt matter.
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
D
Team Captain

Bobbyp wrote:I really dont care what it looks like, why fix something thats not broken and Ill still come here so it doesnt matter.
I suppose you missed it in my earlier posts ..... it was broken
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Spud387
Champion

D wrote:
Bobbyp wrote:I really dont care what it looks like, why fix something thats not broken and Ill still come here so it doesnt matter.
I suppose you missed it in my earlier posts ..... it was broken
Having the username on the right is something can one can adjust to even though it goes against the majority of forums on the webz. However, it was far too hard to read the thread topics page and near impossible to distinguish the thread topic from the other info.
D
Team Captain

Spud387 wrote:However, it was far too hard to read the thread topics page and near impossible to distinguish the thread topic from the other info.
It's not that much differant than before
backgrounds are shades of black, all links are underlined, active links are white, visited links are orange, as you hover over a link it goes to a brighter orange. In addition the paw is orange if the forum or topic has NEW posts and white if it has no new posts or topics

it's the same setup on the index, view forum and view topics pages.
I own The Grey Cup! .com
zark
Champion

Throw the ball D, throw the ball !!!

:pray: :puke: OOPS, i GOT EXCITED.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Yep, it still seems a bit bright with the white text over the Uber Black surface. Hopefully that can be dimmed a bit over time (Black that is). I too like the Avatars on the Left much more than on the right but if it must be, it must be. The reasoning can't be faulted and the efforts not diminished one bit. Thank you for looking out for the rest of us.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
MacNews
Team Captain

Too much white! :surrender:
Big Time
Champion

Seriously, what is up with the formatting of the forum? The old look was way better. I'm all for fresh designs but all the white lines makes it very difficult to see what is going on. :dizzy:

Also, I was wondering if maybe it might be time to retire some of the stickies? The off-season calendar, the 2008 season summary, and the "this is our league" video links have not had postings since January, December and November respectively. Could we maybe get back to having current postings at the top?
squishy35
Legend

I like the new design.... Keep it I say...
Hutch85
All Star

I have to say that after reading for awhile I like the new 'author on right' thread layout - you can get right into reading the text and skip past the author details. The color contrast while in the message thread is nice, and I like the black highlight that shows your current position in the forum index as you mouse over the topics.

I can totally understand the need for coordinated platforms with respect to the 13thman forum, it's not much fun trying to maintain two disparate systems ;) Kudos to you for all your effort and dedication!
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Hutch85 wrote:I have to say that after reading for awhile I like the new 'author on right' thread layout - you can get right into reading the text and skip past the author details. The color contrast while in the message thread is nice, and I like the black highlight that shows your current position in the forum index as you mouse over the topics.

I can totally understand the need for coordinated platforms with respect to the 13thman forum, it's not much fun trying to maintain two disparate systems ;) Kudos to you for all your effort and dedication!
:whs:

I guess it's because I have been reading books on my PDA in the white on black format for so long that I find no problem with it. I actually find the dark background easier on the eyes. And if it's SO important to see who wrote the post on the left, it is still there. The poster's name shows up under the thread title of each post. On the left hand side. Personally, I couldn't care less. As I said before-change is good, donkey! :rockin:
Real women wear orange!!
Spud387
Champion

How about the "lined" background? It is quite hard on the eyes trying to read any of the small white text on it. Is that something that is planned on getting changed?

PS. I don't mind the white text on black background.