Building Lionbackers.com back up

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

The search engine seems to be working now, but there's one aspect that I don't really like about the search results.

Previously, if you do a search for a keyword that might appear several times on a certain message thread, only the subject line of the thread will show up. But now, every instance of the word appearing in a single thread will show up, and that produces a enormous amount of search results. I would rather the subject line appear in the search results, and then go to a thread myself and do a manual search of that word.

Now, if you do a search for Dickenson, you will get 113 pages worth of results.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:The search engine seems to be working now, but there's one aspect that I don't really like about the search results.

Previously, if you do a search for a keyword that might appear several times on a certain message thread, only the subject line of the thread will show up. But now, every instance of the word appearing in a single thread will show up, and that produces a enormous amount of search results. I would rather the subject line appear in the search results, and then go to a thread myself and do a manual search of that word.

Click the "Display results as: Topics" button (bottom-right). This used to be the default; now the default is Posts.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:
Robbie wrote:The search engine seems to be working now, but there's one aspect that I don't really like about the search results.

Click the "Display results as: Topics" button (bottom-right). This used to be the default; now the default is Posts.
Okay, thanks.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Soundy wrote:

Okay, thanks.
No prob.

Waiting for D to put me on the payroll...
(\__/)
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:Hey Derek, here's some feedback:
#1.
When viewing a long thread that had multiple pages, the previous version was set up so that there was an underline (indicating a hyperlink) for all pages other than the one the user was currently viewing. That allowed the user to know what page they were currently viewing. Now, there is no such indication as to which page the user is looking at. I think that previous feature should be brought back.
?
I noticed that there is now an underline to all the pages not being viewed on threads with multiple pages. But now, after the page is viewed and the user clicks on another page, the original page will not have an underline. For example, in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14767

You will see an underline to the link to pages 2, 3, and 4. Click on the link to page 3. Now click on the link to page 2. The underline to the link to page 3 will no longer be there.
祝你龍年行大運。
D
Team Captain

that is by design
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Robbie
Hall of Famer

It looks like if a user attempts to perform a search before they are logged in, they will soon get an error message stating:

Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

For example, before a log in, attempt a search for Dickenson. The first search results page might show up fine, but if the user clicks on the second page of results, the message might come up. After the user has logged in, searches and search results work better.
祝你龍年行大運。
D
Team Captain

It's not an error ..... Why let bots use up all the bandwidth?
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Not really a problem, but I've noticed a change in permissions. In the previous version, before logging in, the Felions Prowl forum and Galleries were restricted, but member's profiles were not. Now, it looks all forums could be browsed without logging in, but member's profiles require a login.
祝你龍年行大運。
woody
Champion

Just testing if this post gets posted.everytime i click post reply i get a white screen with this message- Fatal error: Call to undefined function: format_url() in /home/lionback/public_html/bc_lions/posting.php on line 1337
just testing if quick reply works.
D
Team Captain

hmm ... your right .... I'll take a look at that
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Soundy
Hall of Famer

I got quite a few of those errors too... got it one time after typing in a Quick Reply, and after I finally got the page to reload, found my post had gone through anyway.
(\__/)
Soundy
Hall of Famer

I got quite a few of those errors too... got it one time after typing in a Quick Reply, and after I finally got the page to reload, found my post had gone through anyway.

Hmm, just happened again when posting this one.
(\__/)
D
Team Captain

test
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
Team Captain

test
I own The Grey Cup! .com