Ripping Lionbackers.com apart

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

The core of this website is run by a software release called PHPBB. With the recent of PHPBB 3 I have some upgrading to do, we are currently running at version number 2.0.22 with a lot of modifications(modifications, mods or hacks). Phpbb 3 is a significant upgrade over 2 with a lot of the mods already installed.

Over the next couple months I will be uninstalling a lot of the mods that you have come to enjoy on this site in an effort to smoothly transfer the site to the newest version of phpbb in time for the coming season.

So if some of the features you enjoy begin to disapear for awhile .... you now know why

8)
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

ok thanks
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Any heads up on which features will be temporarily disabled?
D
Team Captain

to many to list .... this board is heavily modified .... most of those features will be back tho 8)
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Good. Perhaps this is also a good time to see if there's something that Lionbackers want more or less of in the new version.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

I vote for less posts by Robbie
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
lion24
Legend

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:I vote for less posts by Robbie
:shock: I don't mind Robbie..................I just couldn't understand his cheering for Sweden and the US over Team Canada at the World Juniors. He is our resident historian and Felion fact guy!!! :thup: :lol: If anything, it should probably be less meaningless posts by myself!!! :lol:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

:lol:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Why are you singling me out? There's a lot of others, such as Rammer and TheLionKing who have more posts than me. I'd say LK posts at a higher rate than I do.
lion24 wrote:I just couldn't understand his cheering for Sweden and the US over Team Canada at the World Juniors.
Well, as I tried to explain in the other thread, I feel more excitement if my city's team does well as opposed to my country's team. As such, I see no reason why I shouldn't cheer for my city's player.
The_Pauser
Legend

Need less 120chimp
Roar you Lions roar!
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The_Pauser wrote:Need less 120chimp
Okay, so perhaps more stringent rules on what types of behavior will get one banned.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Robbie wrote:
Why are you singling me out? There's a lot of others, such as Rammer and TheLionKing who have more posts than me. I'd say LK posts at a higher rate than I do.
lion24 wrote:I just couldn't understand his cheering for Sweden and the US over Team Canada at the World Juniors.
Well, as I tried to explain in the other thread, I feel more excitement if my city's team does well as opposed to my country's team. As such, I see no reason why I shouldn't cheer for my city's player.
Robbie, you reply to every thread and post on here....and if it's a slow day...you reply to posts from years ago.

Rammer and Lion King post alot, but for the most part...it's quality....not just filler. You remind me of the kid who has to get the last word in, except here, you have to get the last post in.

Like I wrote, megaposters like Rammer, LionKing and even 3rd Down when he wasn't banned, bring a lot of knowledge to the table.....you tend to post just for the sake of posting.

I'll make you a bet....$25 bucks says you can't go a month without posting on this forum....hell I should make it that you can't go without replying to this post.......
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:
Robbie wrote:
Robbie, you reply to every thread and post on here....and if it's a slow day...you reply to posts from years ago.

Rammer and Lion King post alot, but for the most part...it's quality....not just filler. You remind me of the kid who has to get the last word in, except here, you have to get the last post in.

Like I wrote, megaposters like Rammer, LionKing and even 3rd Down when he wasn't banned, bring a lot of knowledge to the table.....you tend to post just for the sake of posting.

I'll make you a bet....$25 bucks says you can't go a month without posting on this forum....hell I should make it that you can't go without replying to this post.......
Funny thing. I was just reading a Robbie post that compared players and old seasons and thinking how much I like to read his posts as it brings back memories of seasons long since forgotten.

Why the put down of this guy who is just interested in football and is a good historian?? Why would he have to stop posting for a month to prove anything?

The site could use more of his posts as he adds a lot to the interest that brings people here. Without new posts, there are less readers.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:
West Coast Blue Fan wrote:
Robbie wrote: Why are you singling me out? There's a lot of others, such as Rammer and TheLionKing who have more posts than me. I'd say LK posts at a higher rate than I do.

Funny thing. I was just reading a Robbie post that compared players and old seasons and thinking how much I like to read his posts as it brings back memories of seasons long since forgotten.

Why the put down of this guy who is just interested in football and is a good historian?? Why would he have to stop posting for a month to prove anything?

The site could use more of his posts as he adds a lot to the interest that brings people here. Without new posts, there are less readers.
Although I alot of his posts. It gets tiresome with the 'where is pinkfreud and CB123' threads. Nothing against ya Robbie because I do enjoy almost all of your posts! Just different opinions.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

D, if you could install that mod that when I post fact correct and spelling up to snuff that a cold beer pops outta the dvd tray that would be cool... ya one of my favs. :rockin: