private messages: inbox and sentbox overflow

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

I've noticed that when my inbox is 100% full and a new incoming message arrives, the oldest inbox message gets deleted -- no problem there.

But I've noticed the sentbox doesn't work in the same way. Sent messages appear not to be saved in the sentbox if it is already full, which raises doubt as to whether the message was delivered as intended (although it really was, barring some unrelated catastrophe). Also, I have noticed that if one at least partially empties the full sentbox, the "unsaved" sent message still does not appear, but a later reply to it will trigger it to appear in the sentbox.

Jst wondering if this phenomenon is by design? :hypno:

I really ought to keep it simple and just clean out my sentbox more often in the future :oops:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

One way to check whether your message has been read by the recipient is if it is no longer in the Outbox folder.
D
Team Captain

if recently sent messages aren't in your sentbox check your outbox .... outbox means it hasn't been read yet
I own The Grey Cup! .com
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

thx D & Robbie :thup:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

To keep space available in your Sentbox, you can also move messages from there into your Savebox.