Footnotes

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

ballhawk
Legend

I'm wondering how to put in a footnote (which I notice many posters have) to go along with my posts? Thanks.
"the 1996 season was a very difficult period... I couldn't imagine telling people that I was part of the last days of the CFL... it seemed that there would be no end to the continuous stream of catastrophic problems... it was like living in a toxic fishbowl... if they had known how serious the situation was, but we couldn't make it public, for fear of a total meltdown". (from Bigger Balls, The CFL and Overcoming the Canadian Inferiority Complex, by Jeff Giles)
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

ballhawk wrote:I'm wondering how to put in a footnote (which I notice many posters have) to go along with my posts? Thanks.
"User Control Panel" appears just above the first post on every page.

Click on User Control Panel > Profile > Edit signature. You'll get an editing field similar to one in which main posts are written. Fill that out and to save it click Submit like you would for a post.

The Signature is dynamic so that all your previous posts will have it attached, as well as any future ones, and if you decide to edit your Signature in the future, the new version will overwrite the old one on all of your old posts.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

You should have put those instructions in a footnote! :wink:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.