SeaGals vs. FeLions; who's better?

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

Felions choreographer Moe Brody is noted one of the best in the B.C. in what she does. She also instructs at the dance academy my daughter attends.

Hip Hop is huge right now among teenage girls and cheer/dance competitions continue to grow each year at the high school level. I'm sure a lot of the girls also have ballet and jazz backgrounds as well.
The Felions are among the elite performers coming out of these programs. :thup:
Felioncountant

Hey guys,

just so ya know.................Moe is currently choreographing for two feature motion pictures (John Tucker and Dr. Doolittle 3) and is also in LA as we speak choreographing for a new TV show for BET television network.

Also, several of the Felions auditioned for and landed dancing roles (independant of their roles as Felions, they got the jobs on their own merit) in John Tucker. They have also done TV and movie work in the past few months for Final Destination 3, The Game, and Smallville.

So while the on-feild dancing seems simplified at times, rest assured that we have a team of professional performers who do a lot of 'legit' work when they are not on the field.

....to tie it into football terms....we have the Allouettes old turf this year. It is much more difficult to dance on than our old turf because it is thicker (good for our guys when they land- ouch!). It's sort of like dancing on a huge sponge. :?

We also have new boots this year from a different vendor, which grip the turf more aggressively than in prior years. All these factors combined increase the likelihood us twisting an ankle or falling when doing technical moves like turning or jumping. :bawl:

...sooooo, for our very first game we put safety first and decided to see how the new boots were on the new turf. Safety permitting, we will be able to do more 'real' dancing as the season wears on.

I guess we thought it better to put on a clean, crisp, simple performance for our opener, rather than barrell headfirst towards possible injury.

So for those of you who wanted to be able to point and laugh at a fallen Felion, u'll have to wait :wink:
David
Team Captain

MacNews wrote:
David wrote:...If you will allow me a shallow moment too, I prefer the natural wholesome looks of the Felions. Again, just personal opinion but I find the Seagals look too much like Barbie doll clones with fake boobs, bleached white teeth...
Two questions: 1. Do you actually know if the all the SeaGals are 'fake' or are you just speculating?
2. What's wrong with some, err, 'enhancements'?

Though I agree, the Felions are better.
1. Let's just say that if an errant Matt Hasselbeck pass ever hit one in the chest, fans in the upper deck had better duck from the ricochet.

2. I've been with both kid, and trust me, natural is much better. :yes:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
LFITQ
Team Captain

an errant Matt Hasselbeck pass
Is there ever such a thing??? :shock: :shock:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
MacNews
Team Captain

David wrote:...2. I've been with both kid, and trust me, natural is much better. :yes: ...
Captains Log, June 21 2005: While talking to David he assured me that 'natural' beats 'artificial', and the whole thing made my head spin. So I calmed my self down by comparing it to the contentious argument of Butter vs. Maragine and was instantly able to grasp (Pardon the pun) the issues.
Rammer
Team Captain

Good post MacNews, somewhat surreal in itself. :yes:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

John Tucker
they are filming that movie at my school!! :rockin: :rockin:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I am reviving this thread in light of a recent performance I saw by the Seattle Sea Gals. Last Saturday, while most of you were watching the Lions and Eskimos game, I was at the Puyallup Fair in suburban Seattle. The Puyallup Fair is sort of Seattle's equivalent to the PNE.

The Seattle Sea Gals were performing at the fair. Not only did they dance well, but a few of them sang rather well too. A few members from the audience were called up on stage to volunteer. And as rewards, they were given Sea Gals calendars. Afterwards, the Sea Gals signed autographs.

From my recollection, I don't remember the Felions ever performing at the PNE or doing any kind of singing.

These pictures are from the Seahawks web page showing the Sea Gals at the Puyallup Fair.

[img]http://www.seahawks.com/GalleryPics/Gal ... 5_0918.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.seahawks.com/GalleryPics/Gal ... 2_0918.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.seahawks.com/GalleryPics/Gal ... ly0918.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.seahawks.com/GalleryPics/Gal ... 9_0918.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.seahawks.com/GalleryPics/Gal ... le0918.jpg[/img]
smphantom
Legend

The Felions and Sea Gals are all beautiful women and which guy out there doesn't appreciate a beautiful woman?

So, both groups are lovely in my books although I rate the Raiderettes as my favs! :yes:
Stay thirsty my friends.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Felions!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :twisted: :rockin: :oops:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Photog
Legend

wow. that is a lot of friggin' costumes! :shock: :thup:
The Official Has-Been.
Dexter_h

Both sides are good.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

120dB wrote:Who's better, the SeaGals or the FeLions? Rate each on:

1. looks
2. talent level
3. quality of dance routines
For alot of us we've never been to a Seahawks game!

But id pick Felions! :rockin:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Dexter_h

i can not choose it is a tie
Robbie
Hall of Famer

As I stated on this thread:
http://www.lionbackers.com/cheer/viewto ... 1&start=75

There are seven NFL teams that do not have cheerleaders and the Pittsburgh Steelers are one of those seven. So this means that the 2006 Super Bowl will be unique in the sense that only one of the two competing teams will have their cheerleaders at the game. During the pre-game ceremony when the players enter the field, their cheerleaders line up in two rows while the players run between them. But this year, only the Seahawks will be able to do that while the Steelers cannot because they don't have cheerleaders. Let the Sea Gals be the 12th man in Detroit! :lol:

[img]http://www.seahawks.com/ConFiles/Con598 ... 0_1010.jpg[/img]