SeaGals vs. FeLions; who's better?

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

While girls will be girls, thanks be to you God, and all that is implied with that...

Our girls are superior because they are not only as, but surpass the Seagals in beauty, but their commitment to our community, as well as to their loyal fans and the team which they represent, goes above and beyond necessity...

They are without reservation a total inspiration to the Lions and those that bleed orange and black!

Thanks Moe, and to all the Felions, that have made our game, and especially our team the most wonderful, and most sexiest team in North American football!

Our girls don't just cheer our team on to ultimate victory...

They can dance! :s:
Last edited by PigSkin_53 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Soundy
Hall of Famer

smphantom wrote:The Felions and Sea Gals are all beautiful women and which guy out there doesn't appreciate a beautiful woman?
Amen to that!
So, both groups are lovely in my books although I rate the Raiderettes as my favs! :yes:
Personally out of the two listed in this thread, I'd have to go for the SeaGals, since they appeal more to my biggest weakness: they have more blondes.

Yes, yes, it's terribly shallow, I know, but then this whole thread is about as deep as a mud puddle in July :)
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Having seen both teams up close....Fe-Lions win hands down.

Looks :thup:
Dance :thup:
Smiles :thup:
Friendliness :thup:
Natural beauty :thup:
Figures :thup:

They have them all.

The Seagals however probably have a higher budget to work with.... :sigh:

Great job Felions!!
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Yah!

First I saw Bianne...

and then I saw Leah!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Robbie
Hall of Famer

We've talked about the NFL Pro Bowl on other threads, but I think this posting is suitable for this thread. Among the many things that I like about the Pro Bowl, another thing is that not only are the best players there, but the best cheerleaders from each team (with cheerleaders) are there too. The NFL web page compiled a good presentation of all the AFC and NFC cheerleaders selected for the Pro Bowl.

[img]http://images.nfl.com/images/probowl/20 ... rs2006.jpg[/img]
[img]http://images.nfl.com/images/probowl/20 ... rs2006.jpg[/img]
Soundy
Hall of Famer

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
B-Diddy

CFL cheerleaders are girls...NFL cheerleaders are WOMEN!!! :rockin:
David
Team Captain

Robbie, you might say these NFL cheerleaders have chiselled good looks.

...you need a chisel to find them.

I prefer the more natural wholesome beauty of the Canadian girls. :thup:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Robbie
Hall of Famer

While the CFL Cheerleader Extravaganza during Grey Cup week is good, I think one tradition that the CFL had over the NFL was the Miss Grey Cup Pageant. Bring that back! In that pageant, the best of the best were present as one young woman from each of the nine cheerleading squads was selected to vie for the Miss Grey Cup crown. Felions are great, but in all fairness, I wouldn't mind seeing the best women from the eight other CFL cheerleading squads either.

It would be great of the CFL could also produce a poster like this. I'm sure the NFL produces this each year for the cheerleaders selected for the Pro Bowl. This one was taken from 2004.

[img]http://images.nfl.com/u/nfl/photos/nfl111a_lower.jpg[/img]
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:The Seagals however probably have a higher budget to work with.... :sigh:
Bingo.....

It all comes down to money. I'm sure each team that has a group of cheerleaders/dance team has budgeted for their costs, probably the same reason why 7 teams don't.

Fortunately for us in Canada, each team has sideline entertainment, over and above mascots. I don't know how approachable the ladies of the NFL are, but I found the 2005 Felions to be the most approachable in recent memory. Then again, being host dance team for PotP/GC 2005 is a more than sufficient reason for being out and about. I have no reason to believe that 2006 won't be any different.

Perusing the Seahawks website, I stumbled across this tidbit of info: Appearance fees for the SeaGals go as follows:
$150 per hour, per Sea Gal (2-hour minimum)
$2,000 ? 60-minute Show Group performance

Simply put, 2 hrs minimum x $150/hr x 2 SeaGals=$600 USD.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:The Seagals however probably have a higher budget to work with.... :sigh:
Yes, that is definitely true. But as I stated on another thread, the higher budget doesn't necessarily go directly to the Seagals themselves. The Felions are not paid anything while the Seagals are paid $30 per game. But that is a real insignificant amount, considering that the team owner is one of the world's richest men billionaire Paul Allen.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:
Yes, that is definitely true. But as I stated on another thread, the higher budget doesn't necessarily go directly to the Seagals themselves. The Felions are not paid anything while the Seagals are paid $30 per game. But that is a real insignificant amount, considering that the team owner is one of the world's richest men billionaire Paul Allen.
You don't become one of the World's Richest Men by spending money in a frivolous manner. I'm not saying that spending money on sideline entertainment is being overly frivolous, however, his main priority should be improving the team and spending money where results will be most visible, namely on the field.

Getting back to my previous point, 2 SeaGals appearing for 2hrs (minimum requirement) @ $150/hr=1 game's pay for 30 SeaGals, and I'm sure they make enough appearances to cover game costs to have them on the sidelines.

The point is, both teams are extremely attractive and popular. We each have our preference and we should leave it at that.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote: You don't become one of the World's Richest Men by spending money in a frivolous manner.
Off topic but yes, in this case he does. Co-owning the majority of microsoft stock has allowed that. I believe he sells about 10 million of stock per month so he can do just that; spend money in a frivolous maner.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

This article from the Seahawks web page states that the Sea Gals did benefit from Paul Allen's ownership.

http://www.seahawks.com/SGOverView.aspx?SecID=63&ID=93

------------------------------------------------------
New ownership benefits the Sea Gals

Paul Allen's purchase of the Seahawks in 1997 directly affected the entire Sea Gal program. With his financial backing, the Seahawks restructured the pay scale. In the past, Sea Gals were only paid for the hours they performed at home games and selected promotional appearances. All other aspects of their job were considered volunteer work. Sea Gals are now paid not only for game appearances, but also for rehearsals and all community appearances. Wages are based on how long each woman has been a Sea Gal.

The Seahawks organization also provides each Sea Gal with three different uniforms, a business suit for professional appearances, workout wear for rehearsals and the gym and warm-up suits. Each Sea Gal also receives a pair of season tickets to give away to family and friends.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Comparing the information on these two web pages:

http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module ... y&ceid=487
http://www.seahawks.com/SGOverView.aspx?SecID=63&ID=141

indicates that competition may be slightly greater for the Sea Gals because more women try out. Last season, over 200 women tried out for 32 spots on the Sea Gals, while 130 women tried out for 34 spots on the Felions.

Comparing the compensation package, here is information taken from both pages:

=====Felions======
Do the Felions get paid?
Felions Dance Team members do not get paid for being on the team. Each member receives two (2) 2006 season tickets, a season parking pass, numerous sponsored services such as gym memberships, tanning, clothing discounts as well as hair and make-up services. Felions are not compensated for rehearsals or game day performances however most appearances other than Charity are paid. Opportunities for paid appearances are numerous but not guaranteed.

=====Sea Gals=====
1. Sea Gals will be paid an hourly wage and any applicable overtime required by law, for all hours worked. A record of hours worked from the 1st day of each month to the 15th day of such month, and the 16th day of each month to the last day of each month, will be maintained by the Sea Gal Director and each Sea Gal will be asked to review and initial the time record prior to its submission to the Seahawks Accounting Department. Each Sea Gal will be paid on the last day of each month.

2. Each Sea Gal will receive two (2) game tickets for guests for each game in which they are eligible to perform.