Fare-gates and Compass Card.....

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Dusty
Champion

notahomer wrote:Caught the Canada Line heading downtown tonight around fivish.... I realize its only one part of the day and its not usually this bad but the line-up to board the 99B-line heading EAST was about thirty people deep (thats line-ups for EACH door!). One line actually extended back into the Station so deep it was almost at the FARE-GATE!

I realize you don't build a SUBWAY based on just getting people around during RUSH-HOUR. BUT, it does seem the Broadway Corridor needs something.
The other side of the question is how mny 99B line buses did it take to reduce the line to nothing. My point is that the frequency of the busses along the corridor makes it easy to move the crowds along. Another way to solve the Canada Line congestion would be to have some of the buses that do the Not In Service run from UBC to Commercial stop at the Canada Line stop and do an extra pick-up instead of driving right by. Certainly the Skytrain stops are the major congestion points, so better utilize the numbers of buses during the rush hour and factor the congestion points into the schedules.

I like the subway and skytrain system. I'm not convinced that all other options have been fully explored on Broadway.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Dusty wrote:The other side of the question is how mny 99B line buses did it take to reduce the line to nothing. My point is that the frequency of the busses along the corridor makes it easy to move the crowds along. Another way to solve the Canada Line congestion would be to have some of the buses that do the Not In Service run from UBC to Commercial stop at the Canada Line stop and do an extra pick-up instead of driving right by. Certainly the Skytrain stops are the major congestion points, so better utilize the numbers of buses during the rush hour and factor the congestion points into the schedules.

I like the subway and skytrain system. I'm not convinced that all other options have been fully explored on Broadway.
IMO, Broadway is OFTEN a weaker part of transit here in Vancouver. Getting downtown is relatively easy especially once one gets north of Broadway. But heading east/west along Broadway is often tough.