BC Lions Trivia - A Name to a Face

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

Hi Lionbackers, I’ve realized that this will be the 10th anniversary of me since first joining this message board back on October 9, 2004. Wow, at a blink of an eye :i: it’s 10 years later. Even though I say it’s a blink of an eye, many things have changed since then – both for the Lions and for this board. For the Lions, they’ve won two Grey Cups since then and changed starting quarterbacks numerous times, Buono resigned his coaching position, and numerous Lions greats like Simon, Dickenson, and Clermont have retired. And from this board, various members have left while others have joined. With regards to those who have left, the two notable examples that have changed this board dramatically when it comes to demographics is that 1) Several women members who used to be very active (Charlene, bbgirl, Pinkfreud, O’Shea, Shelion, Mrs. LFITQ, CatsEyes, Sacker, and former Felions Felioncountant and ChristaMichelle) have all left and as a result most if not all active members are men, and 2) Certain members who would often “spam” this board with numerous recurring topics (120db, chimpy) don’t seem to post anymore. Derek has done a great job running and maintaining this website and message board :cheer: , and to show how good this board is it beat out two other competing BC Lions message boards (bclionsden.ca and even bclions.com) as those sites no longer contain and run message boards on their sites.

In these 10 years, understandably and expectedly I’ve had my share of both commendations and criticisms as an active member. And for those of you who know my style you probably know that I follow the phrase “A picture speaks a thousand words” and would often post pictures and videos – most often of trophies, rings, banners, and other celebration items and post videos of old highlights and for better or worse, revive older threads. And not too often but a few times, there were threads about BC Lions trivia questions. Such trivia questions would be the usual about certain Lions players such as:

Q: Which Lions quarterback threw the most number of touchdown passes in a season and how many?
A: Doug Flutie in 1991 with 38.

Q: Who has the most interceptions as a Lion in his career and how many?
A: Larry Crawford with 51.

I’ve decided to open another BC Lions trivia thread that’s still very original as I’m certain that this has never been done before. For those of you who watch Jeopardy!, the questions that Alex Trebek would ask would be in text form that he would read along with the occasional audio daily double. But about a dozen years ago the producers decided to be more creative and some of the questions would consist of a short video clip or picture that Trebek would talk about, and in the case of a picture it’s often an person’s face that the contestants must identify. So let’s do that now and I’ve noticed that it’s much harder when it comes to football players because their head and face is not exposed as often. Unlike soccer and basketball players in which their heads and faces are fully exposed, and unlike hockey and baseball players in which they wear headgear but the face is still exposed, football players must wear a large helmet that covers the top, back, and sides of their head and their face is covered by a large face mask and in some cases a dark visor. Therefore, it’s much harder to see his head and face when they are on the field and most action shots show the player with their helmet on. As a result, it’s likely much harder to place a football player’s name with their face.

I’ve decided to find 30 facial pictures of past BC Lions players who are not covered by their helmets to see if you can place a name to a face. I’ve categorized them in three groups:

First group from Lion1 to Lion10 are easy – Yes, too easy.
Second group from Lion11 to Lion20 are medium – Requires some thinking.
Third group from Lion21 and Lion30 are hard – And Yes, VERY HARD!

I’ve placed them in three files that you can see below. To help you answer the questions – just like how a teacher will give an answer sheet to fill out the answers, I’ll create one for you below. If you fill it out, I will score your answer sheet by a single score out of 30, but not to ruin it for others I won't specifically say which ones are correct or incorrect. But I will reveal all the correct answers shortly after the Grey Cup – I promise you that. And doing what Reader’s Digest does with a score rating:

0-9: Time to brush up on your BC Lions knowledge. :puke:
10-14: Fair :wink:
15-19: Good :thup:
20-24: Very Good :beauty:
25-29: Excellent :rockin:
30: BC Lions Guru :beer:

Without further ado, here’s the answer sheet and below are the BC Lions faces.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME THE BC LIONS BELOW:

:cool: DIFFICULTY: EASY :good:
1) Lion #1:
2) Lion #2:
3) Lion #3:
4) Lion #4:
5) Lion #5:
6) Lion #6:
7) Lion #7:
8) Lion #8:
9) Lion #9:
10) Lion #10:

:hmm: DIFFICULTY: MEDIUM :juggle:
11) Lion #11:
12) Lion #12:
13) Lion #13:
14) Lion #14:
15) Lion #15:
16) Lion #16:
17) Lion #17:
18) Lion #18:
19) Lion #19:
20) Lion #20:

:surrender: :dizzy: DIFFICULTY: HARD :devil: :bang:
21) Lion #21:
22) Lion #22:
23) Lion #23:
24) Lion #24:
25) Lion #25:
26) Lion #26:
27) Lion #27:
28) Lion #28:
29) Lion #29:
30) Lion #30:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Robbie on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
David
Team Captain

That's a great quiz, Robbie! I scored 24/30 (80%). I missed:

7 (on the tip on my tongue. D'oh!), 13, 22, 23, 25 (looks like Tom Cassese but not sure), 28.

So....9/10, 9/10, 6/10.

Thanks for putting that together!

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Robbie
Hall of Famer

David wrote:That's a great quiz, Robbie! I scored 24/30 (80%). I missed:

7 (on the tip on my tongue. D'oh!), 13, 22, 23, 25 (looks like Tom Cassese but not sure), 28.

So....9/10, 9/10, 6/10.

Thanks for putting that together!

DH :cool:
Thanks for playing, David! If you really scored 24/30, then you're very good. You can post all the names and I'll validate that.
For Lion #7, I should have swapped that with Lion #18 as #7 might be more difficult than #18. If nobody gets #7, I might give a hint later.

As for Lion #25, no that's not Tom Cassese.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Since it appears nobody else is going to play this trivia game, I'll reveal the answers now.

David, thanks for being the only person to attempt this very difficult trivia game. You can check the answers below to see if you really got 24/30 and to put the misery away on those you couldn't name.

:cool: DIFFICULTY: EASY :good:
1) Lion #1: Rick Klassen
2) Lion #2: James Parker
3) Lion #3: Lui Passaglia
4) Lion #4: David Williams
5) Lion #5: Korey Banks
6) Lion #6: Willie Fleming
7) Lion #7: Don Blair
8) Lion #8: Dante Marsh
9) Lion #9: By Bailey
10) Lion #10: Mervyn Fernandez

:hmm: DIFFICULTY: MEDIUM :juggle:
11) Lion #11: Don Moorhead
12) Lion #12: Paul Lacoste
13) Lion #13: Melvin Byrd
14) Lion #14: Jamie Buis
15) Lion #15: Jeff Braswell
16) Lion #16: Ken Sugarman
17) Lion #17: Sonny Homer
18) Lion #18: Jim Young
19) Lion #19: Mike Trevathan
20) Lion #20: Giulio Caravatta

:surrender: :dizzy: DIFFICULTY: HARD :devil: :bang:
21) Lion #21: Joe Yamauchi
22) Lion #22: Ed Vereb
23) Lion #23: Jim Chambers
24) Lion #24: Grady Cavness
25) Lion #25: Vidal Carlin
26) Lion #26: John Beaton
27) Lion #27: Richard Applesby
28) Lion #28: Keith Bennett
29) Lion #29: Willie Postler
30) Lion #30: Garner Ekstran
祝你龍年行大運。