ING Direct bank to change its name to Tangerine

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

When the Dutch government bailed out ING Direct's Netherlands-based parent ownership group during the global financial crisis of 2008-09, it stipulated they would have to sell off their Canadian holdings, which Scotiabank bought last year. Under terms of this sale Scotiabank agreed to replace the ING name after a grace period and today announced that the new name will be Tangerine, effective Spring 2014.

If you happen to have an ING chequing account and cheques with ING branding, I was just on the phone with one of their service reps and he assures me such cheques will still be valid beyond the rebranding phase-in as only the numbering along the bottom constitutes the identifying information of the cheque. So no need to pay for new ones until you run out if you still have a tonne of old ones left.

[video][/video]

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/ing-dire ... -1.1529414
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I was going to flag this post to the moderators as SPAM :rotf:

No offence, sj-roc, its title had one of those bot sounding titles. I was wrong!

I know a few people who are quite happy with this institution. Nice simple name for what I have heard is a simple, effective bank.......
deOmair
prospect

ts title had one of those bot sounding titles. I was wrong!

http://www.pass4-sure.biz
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

So they named it after a fruit? Next thing you know, they will be naming computers after fruits too.......oh wait.

"Fresh fruit not good enough for you eh? Well I'll tell you something my lad. When you're walking home tonight and some homicidal banker comes after you with a bunch of tangerines, don't come crying to me!"
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I get the Apple but Tangerine for a bank? Different.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy