Time for a sabbatical ...

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

almo89 wrote:Nice to hear that WCJ still lurks and makes the odd post. I think we have one of the best forums. I like the small community feel compared to something like CDC which is just filled with angry teenagers. For the most part, we have really passionate people here that bring up good discussion points. I prefer this over CDC or the Rider's forum. Although the Rider's forum fun to read just to get a laugh.
You should post more often as your posts are as you say others here are.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
BC 1988
Legend

I have been a lurker for many years on this site, and have joined just to say how much I appreciate all the well-informed frequent posters, including WCJ. I attend as many Lion's games as my work schedule allows, usually buying a 10 game flex pack shared with a friend.

I don't have anywhere near the technical expertise to analyse plays as they happen, and that is one of the things I most enjoy reading: the game day notes, and post game comments.

WCJ, I appreciate any posts you do, just contribute as much or as little as you are comfortable with doing. Take it easy.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

almo89 wrote:Nice to hear that WCJ still lurks and makes the odd post. I think we have one of the best forums. I like the small community feel compared to something like CDC which is just filled with angry teenagers. For the most part, we have really passionate people here that bring up good discussion points. I prefer this over CDC or the Rider's forum. Although the Rider's forum fun to read just to get a laugh.
BC 1988 wrote:I have been a lurker for many years on this site, and have joined just to say how much I appreciate all the well-informed frequent posters, including WCJ. I attend as many Lion's games as my work schedule allows, usually buying a 10 game flex pack shared with a friend.

I don't have anywhere near the technical expertise to analyse plays as they happen, and that is one of the things I most enjoy reading: the game day notes, and post game comments.

WCJ, I appreciate any posts you do, just contribute as much or as little as you are comfortable with doing. Take it easy.
Thanks, Guys. :beer:

Wally gets what Wally wants. He wants a running game. Presto. He gets it. Must have been some interesting meetings that he held with his coaches. It is my opinion that pretty much any pro football team can be taught to run the ball. But it takes dedication and belief. Even our O Line, disrespected by some, but not all, can do it, if we game plan it well, practice it well, and are determined to establish a run game. Sounds like Wally was not putting the run game failures on the O Line. I would tend to agree. Attitude and approach. If you don't believe in it, it will fail. Kabongo looked like an avalanche, downfield, obliterating a defender.

That was a fun game to watch, after the early mess. Good for J.R. LaRose. Seemed to spark the team. Good for Buck. Totally sparked the team from the offensive doldrums. Improvising his way to touchdown after touchdown. Always been a fan of Buck. Looked like he was having the time of his life. :thup:

Buck Pierce Hat Trick: Throw for a TD, downfield block for a TD, run for a TD. :thup:

We are still middle of the pack, after beating the hapless Eskimos. But ya never know. Win a couple of games on the road, and we could go to the Big Game.

WCJ = Observer and Reader