Butt Wipes Sign Rare Endorsers: NFL Centers

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

I was going to post this in the All Sports forum but its whimsy made me put it here. Curiously some of the enlisted players are from smaller markets. Maybe Angus Reid can pursue something with these guys while he's sidelined.

http://adage.com/article/news/butt-wipe ... er/244177/
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
South Pender
Legend

Oh, my goodness. What's next? Tony Siragusa advertising Depends for Men--"to protect their manhood"? Oh wait...that's already happened, hasn't it.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

South Pender wrote:Oh, my goodness. What's next? Tony Siragusa advertising Depends for Men--"to protect their manhood"? Oh wait...that's already happened, hasn't it.
lol... I too was thinking of that one when I saw this.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

I can't find it on youtube, but does anyone remember the Imodium commercial from a few years back where one player is discussing how Imodium has relieved his diarrhea and he turns out to be the centre (the other guy being the QB, who is also sort of relieved).
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:I can't find it on youtube, but does anyone remember the Imodium commercial from a few years back where one player is discussing how Imodium has relieved his diarrhea and he turns out to be the centre (the other guy being the QB, who is also sort of relieved).
Ha, yeah I remember that one now that you mention it; that was quite a while ago now, like 90s or so.

I just spent a couple minutes looking for it on some other video sites. Couldn't find it but in an interesting coincidence I found a BC Lions tv ad from around 2004, from the "Cheering Works" series. It's in this link but it's the third in a series of four so-called "banned" ads all combined into one video so you need to let it play awhile to get to the Lions ad. It's the vending machine one, though — not the airplane one like you might be thinking. Warning: the other three ads are all at least somewhat NSFW but kind of funny if your sense of humour tips that way:

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/hilariou ... als-552739
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Coast Mountain Lion wrote:I can't find it on youtube, but does anyone remember the Imodium commercial from a few years back where one player is discussing how Imodium has relieved his diarrhea and he turns out to be the centre (the other guy being the QB, who is also sort of relieved).
That's hilarious
Rammer
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:
Ha, yeah I remember that one now that you mention it; that was quite a while ago now, like 90s or so.

I just spent a couple minutes looking for it on some other video sites. Couldn't find it but in an interesting coincidence I found a BC Lions tv ad from around 2004, from the "Cheering Works" series. It's in this link but it's the third in a series of four so-called "banned" ads all combined into one video so you need to let it play awhile to get to the Lions ad. It's the vending machine one, though — not the airplane one like you might be thinking. Warning: the other three ads are all at least somewhat NSFW but kind of funny if your sense of humour tips that way:

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/hilariou ... als-552739
Yeah I recalled the cheering works commercial by the Lions. The vacation blow up pictures is pretty funny, that would be a priceless facial expression upon the development of the film.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Heathcliff
Rookie

The "cheering works" commercial is awesome, makes me wish I was at a game right now!