new places to grab a bite....

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

Thought about putting this in the closed franchise thread as we have quite a spirited thread in there but.....

I enjoy eating out and grabbing a bite before/after a Lions game is a regular part of the gameday experience. Yesterday being an early kickoff, I decided to grab a brunch like bite at the stadium and have a light dinner afterwards. So, I chose to eat, appropriately IMO, a montreal smoked meat sandwich at BC Place. The sandwiches come with your choice of a kosher pickle or these really crunchy potato chips. The chips are great, IMO. I realize this is NOT a new establishment, I liked their food last season too but after the game it was my buddys turn to choose where we had our postgame meal.....

Afterwards, my buddy decides "lets go to Wendys" so we start strolling along Dunsmuir towards the Wendys just past Burrard. Only about a third of the way there at Dunsmuir/Howe (one block west of Granville) there is a CARL's jr burger joint!!!!

I have heard of Carl's jr burgers before but never had the chance to try one before. I had no idea there was a location here in Vancouver and its been around since JANUARY 2013!!!! Nothing special, its fast food but still if you have a hankering to try one of those places you've seen/heard about in the USA, here's one to cross off the bucket list.

Another place I heard lots about but also gave an okay vote to was FIVE GUYS. This is a burger joint (with some other things on the menu too) located at Robson/Granville. Heard so many RAVE REVIEWS of this place from friends/family who had tried it on trips to New York City or Philly.......

So, if you are up for trying a burger before/after a game or just want something cheap/cheerful give Carls or FIVE GUYS a chance........

The two places I still want to try that I've heard about that seem to be USA-only so far, are IN/OUT Burger (I think it has a secret menu regulars order from) and one that advertises on the NFL Network Golden Corral Buffets. I normally don't get too excited about buffets but this chain of buffets seems to offer decent food at good prices....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Have also heard some excellent reviews on Five Guys. It's always packed whenever I go by
notahomer
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Have also heard some excellent reviews on Five Guys. It's always packed whenever I go by
Its not bad, its just 'fast food'. Probably like how some easterners see us raving about WhiteSpot. Five Guys is usually busy and its definately worth checking out.......