WHEN is Wally going to give Buck the PUNT?

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

papa101757
prospect

MAYBE some of you like I am, are wondering WHEN Wally is going to give Buck the PUNT?

NO doubt AT TIMES Buck has proven he is a good QB. BUT he just can't stay healthy! Lions are paying Buck BIG BUCKS and he spends most of the time on the Injured List!! Between his shoulder and concussions, is TIME to send him packing!

Release him! Give Casey some $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE was excited and BELIEVED that Casey MIGHT take us to the Promised Land last year. With a FULL Training Camp under his belt. getting used to his recievers and the playbook and having Jarious in the wings IF needed it is a WIN WIN situation!

Keeping Buck, well, we are destined to be the " Underachievers " once again in the CFL my fellow " LIONS FANS "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually IF anyone should be felt sorry for in this whole situation it should be for Zac!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He PAID his dues to be the #3 QB! ONLY to be knocked into the press box by Travis! Who NEVER played ONE SECOND in the CFL! THEN, WHEN EVERYONE else was on the INJURED LIST, Zac was thrown to the wolves! That WASN'T FAIR!!!!!!!!!

C'mon Wally, MAN UP! DO the RIGHT THING!!!!!! For the team, the fans and most importantly for Buck! NO ONE wants to see him unable to do day to day activities!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

like wally should listen to someone who cant even figure out the right forum to post in...sheesh
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Hey papa, you guys in Wheatieville learned to count yet? ;)
Real women wear orange!!
ik17
Rookie

Now there's a great idea.

Let's waive him now... before Winnipeg and Toronto have their front offices sorted out, instead of waiting for that to happen and shopping Buck and getting some assets in return insetead of just "punting" him away.

If they can't trade him for anything they should at least bring him to camp and if he's willing to restructure his contract he can stay as a back-up. If none of the above happens, THEN you let him go.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Reincarnation of 120dbfirstdownchimpy ??
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Reincarnation of 120dbfirstdownchimpy ??
No, just a trolling Wheatie.

They have evidently forgotten last November, even if no one else has.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Until Wally renegotiates Printers contract, I doubt the Lions will do anything with the rest of their QB's.

I still think Pierce should retire gracefully while he still has his health. IMHO, no team can afford to take a chance with his history of concussions. There is also the issue with his shoulder.
mightybuck
Legend

MAYBE some of you like I am, are wondering WHEN Wally is going to give Buck the PUNT?

NO doubt AT TIMES Buck has proven he is a good QB. BUT he just can't stay healthy! Lions are paying Buck BIG BUCKS and he spends most of the time on the Injured List!! Between his shoulder and concussions, is TIME to send him packing!

Release him! Give Casey some $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE was excited and BELIEVED that Casey MIGHT take us to the Promised Land last year. With a FULL Training Camp under his belt. getting used to his recievers and the playbook and having Jarious in the wings IF needed it is a WIN WIN situation!

Keeping Buck, well, we are destined to be the " Underachievers " once again in the CFL my fellow " LIONS FANS "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually IF anyone should be felt sorry for in this whole situation it should be for Zac!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He PAID his dues to be the #3 QB! ONLY to be knocked into the press box by Travis! Who NEVER played ONE SECOND in the CFL! THEN, WHEN EVERYONE else was on the INJURED LIST, Zac was thrown to the wolves! That WASN'T FAIR!!!!!!!!!
:puke:
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
Spud387
Champion

papa101757 wrote:MAYBE some of you like I am, are wondering WHEN Wally is going to give Buck the PUNT?

C'mon Wally, MAN UP! DO the RIGHT THING!!!!!! For the team, the fans and most importantly for Buck! NO ONE wants to see him unable to do day to day activities!
How about we give you the boot papa smurf :wag:

- I can't see how Buck will be back at his current salary. Maybe at a reduced rate or at least try to trade him, not release outright until other options have been exhausted.
- NOT EVERYBODY, believes CP is some sort of messiah. Let him earn it before we toos the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at him...
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Releasing Pierce has little to do with Printers. It has to do with an inability to stay healthy. His concussions are no laughing matter. 5 in 18 months or something like that suggests he should think about life post football.

At any salary, I can't see teams wanting to take a chance that he is at risk of becoming permanently disabled.

That's the reality I'm expressing and I am a little surprised a move in that direction hasn't been made by the Lions.
Last edited by Blue In BC on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rammer
Team Captain

CatsEyes wrote:Hey papa, you guys in Wheatieville learned to count yet? ;)
Looks like an attempt to acquire BP for nothing wish.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Hutch85
All Star

Use exclamation marks much? We get it, you're excited.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

papa101757 wrote:MAYBE some of you like I am, are wondering WHEN Wally is going to give Buck the PUNT?

do us all a favour and just leave now. :thdn:
2012 Season Ticket Holder
zark
Champion

Last year BP was THE starter without TC. Not this year. Work for it BP.
Maybe Printers and JJ can try out for the starting job this year.
I don't know who this Papa guy is, but it's a valid question. He just isn't capable of conveying the question in an intelligent way.

Hey papa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tease: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tease:
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Hutch85 wrote:Use exclamation marks much? We get it, you're excited.
Saskatchewan trolls finally invented ice last week. They can have mixed drinks now. You'd be excited too.

Real Rider fans are looking forward to 2010, just as we are.