Ritch Dowrey - 3rdDown in dire condition

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Ballistic Bob
Legend

OrangeShoes99 wrote:UPDATE: I am absolutely thrilled to announce that Ritch came out of his coma this morning! He is still non-responsive, but nurses have said this a great first step. I knew that Bwaaaaaaaanaaaa call would get his heart rate going enough to say enough is enough!

Turd is fightin!!!!
Great news. :beer: BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Awesome news, Brian! Thanks for keeping us up to speed!
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
D
Team Captain

Excellent News, Thanks for the update OS ... :cheer: Let's Go Ritch! :cheer:

Turd is now un banned ... I hope he's back here stirring the pot real soon :pray:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Brian, you are a good man. Actions, not words, are what reveal our character, and yours is being shown to everyone right now. :thup:

Brain injury is a very complex area, as there is so much that medical science doesn't know yet. Recoveries don't always follow a straight line, and it is very difficult for doctors to predict outcomes at these early stages. These next couple of weeks will be critical, so I'll join all of our fellow CFL fans in saying a prayer for Ritch.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
#1 Lions Fan in SK
Starter

You go Ritch! Brian, what a true inspiration and a great friend you are. Pass on my best wishes to Ritch when you see him next. I remember him being a regular on many boards and wish him all the best. He and his family are in my prayers. Tell him everyone expects him at the opening home game!!!!
D
Team Captain

Seeing as nobody other than brian is able to see Ritch at this time a bunch of us will be gathering for a few beer at the pub the attack happened at. Ya I know it's a gay bar but it is a way for us to get together and send Ritch some Karma. If you can't be tolerant and accepting it's better that you don't show up however if you can make it the more the merrier

here is a link to the pubs website http://www.thefountainheadpub.com/ the address is 1025 Davie Street

Friday will be 2 weeks after the incident, there is also a PPV Canuck game at 6 which would have us in the same pub exactly 2 weeks after the attack. I dunno the lord works in mysterious ways maybe this can help.

Wear some Lions or CFL gear so we can recognise each other

who's in?
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
Team Captain

as per this thread http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =2&t=16788

Seeing as nobody other than brian is able to see Ritch at this time a bunch of us will be gathering for a few beer at the pub the attack happened at Ya I know it's a gay bar but it is a way for us to get together and send Ritch some Karma. If you can't be tolerant and accepting it's better that you don't show up however if you can make it the more the merrier

here is a link to the pubs website http://www.thefountainheadpub.com/ the address is 1025 Davie Street

Friday will be 2 weeks after the incident, there is also a PPV Canuck game at 6 which would have us in the same pub exactly 2 weeks after the attack. I dunno the lord works in mysterious ways maybe this can help.

Wear some Lions or CFL gear so we can recognise each other
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

That's a great idea D.. I would love to go.. but will arrive in the city too late to gear up a trip downtown. I"m gonna go see him and get some latest news on tuesday.. hope it's good. :cr:
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Im in BB
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Im in BB
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

I'm in, and same with Mrs WCBF.....I know the game is at 6pm, but what time are people meeting?
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
D
Team Captain

I'll be there @ 6 :beer:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Ballistic Bob
Legend

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:I'm in, and same with Mrs WCBF.....I know the game is at 6pm, but what time are people meeting?
6 bells for BB :beer:
David
Team Captain

Hey Guys,

I'm in (great idea, D!).

Probably closer to 6:30 or 7:00 but I'll definitely be there.

Cheers,
Dave
Roar, You Lions, Roar
pacific
All Star

I'll be there.