The decline of the bobblehead over the last 16 years or so.BB Image
Wear orange or wear nothing
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

If you want one but didn't get one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172305408445
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Excellent set, BB! It looks like you have all bobbleheads associated with the BC Lions. :beauty:
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Ballistic Bob
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:If you want one but didn't get one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172305408445
The Lions office has them for 12.95 less your season ticket
discount. BB
Spud387
Champion

When did the Damon Allen one come out? That's the only one I don't have.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Spud387 wrote:When did the Damon Allen one come out? That's the only one I don't have.
During a September 13, 2002 game in which the Lions won 23–18 over the Eskimos. Only 3,000 Damon Allen bobblehead dolls were given out. While the 2002 season had terrible attendance and for that game the attendance was 21,886, that still meant that 18,886 of those attending that game did not receive one. I guess those who took their time tailgating in the parking lot did not receive one, and the game was on Friday night so those out of town were probably stuck in traffic and did not receive one.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
CardiacKid
Legend

Robbie wrote:Excellent set, BB! It looks like you have all bobbleheads associated with the BC Lions. :beauty:
I think there was a generic bobblehead from the 50s or 60s. It was simply a "BC Lion" with no player's name attached. If you hop on ebay and search for vintage bobblehead you will see a bunch of the exact same figure but with the various team colours; mostly NFL of course but there is the random CFL one that appears.

But I also recall seeing somewhere (don't you just love these accurate recollections?!?!) a photo online of somebody displaying a collection of those same style of 50s/60s bobblehead but done up with specific Leo's players and variants on the team colours. There were Kapp, Fleming, etc. bobbleheads but maybe they were re-creations or customized duplicates of that original bobblehead?

I managed to purchase one of those generic vintage bobbleheads with the goal of creating a cast of it and making customized duplicates for myself. Basically at the research stage to see how it can be done without access to a kiln.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

You mean these ones Image
CardiacKid
Legend

Ballistic Bob wrote:The decline of the bobblehead over the last 16 years or so.BB Image
Did you buy the Biggie one? I don't see the Telus advertising on it. Yes they have gotten smaller but there still is a degree of handpainting that goes on. I compared our two Biggies and found the smaller details had differences that could only be accounted for by someone doing it by hand.

I can't imagine having to hand paint 10,000+ of these Team 100 bobbles.....it would drive me :shock: :clown: :dizzy:
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Or these ones Image
Ballistic Bob
Legend

CardiacKid wrote:
Ballistic Bob wrote:The decline of the bobblehead over the last 16 years or so.BB Image
Did you buy the Biggie one? I don't see the Telus advertising on it. Yes they have gotten smaller but there still is a degree of handpainting that goes on. I compared our two Biggies and found the smaller details had differences that could only be accounted for by someone doing it by hand.

I can't imagine having to hand paint 10,000+ of these Team 100 bobbles.....it would drive me :shock: :clown: :dizzy:
Bought the Biggie but noticed the weight rightaway. The Damon is far heavier. Im happy withe Adam. Im thinkin the Sollie will be out soon to complete the 100. Thnx BB
Ballistic Bob
Legend

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BC-Lions-bobbleh ... Sw1DtXHUBo
Spud387 wrote:When did the Damon Allen one come out? That's the only one I don't have.
CardiacKid
Legend

Ballistic Bob wrote:You mean these ones Image
Yeah, those are exactly the ones I was thinking of! Are they custom, one of a kind made by or for you? Or were they from the team?

Pretty cool either way; you have a really good sampling of the players there.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

The small ones below the glasses date back to the 60s and 70s. Some were made in Japan. Go figure. The other set above the glasses was made by a local guy in the 80s. Hes still around but not making anymore. Thnx BB
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Your original thread, BB, that you created over 10 years ago: http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... f=4&t=9092

On page 3, there's a picture of the Lui Passaglia nesting doll although it appears as if though you left it in box as there's only a picture of the box and not the doll itself.

祝你龍年行大運。