2013 CFL Trading Cards

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hendu
prospect

You guys/gals notice the lack of CFL trading cards this year?
Me too!!!
Checked into it and the League struck a deal (supposedly) w/Upper Deck for the 2013 season and in the process forbade Jogo, CFLPA and others from producing cards/sets.
Jogo has put out a small "former players/what doing now" set but it's not what most collectors really want.
I contacted Upper Deck and suggested to them their very narrow window of opportunity w/hardcore CFL fans.. was rapidly closing. This was about 2/3 thru reg. season.
They finally got back to me suggested the set was "still in the works but they were ironing out details"??
And couldn't suggest when it might come out!!
WTF eh??
Hendu
prospect

I know we're all a little uh, 'pissed'.. at the way the Lions season ended.
Head Coach and coaching staff hiring will certainly be VERY interesting!!
But, on the subject of trading cards.. the 2014 Upper Deck set really got me interested again in collecting CFL cards.
I know there's the usual UD "short printed" BS but for the defensive players, rookies and OPC retros the availability isn't that ridiculous!!
And some of the inserts are very cool. I picked up a nifty looking B. C. Lions crest card!!
And I'm only a few cards away from completing the (so-called) 'base set'.
Tons of credit to Jogo for providing us with cards for all those years.. but UD has a really nice product out.. ans it's fun to be back collecting CFL cards again!