Garage sale goodies.

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Ballistic Bob
Legend

Was over in West Van today checking out a Garage sale for coffee tables for my son. The sale was on Kings rd. Looked around for a few minutes and didnt see anything till the owner recognized my Lion scarf. He was a fan and son of a Lion president from 1960 to 1961. He had a football from the 1961 Grey cup. And told me stories about his dad and the Empire days in the press box. His dad was Ralph Henderson and his name is Gregg. I asked if had any stuff to sell and up to the attic he went and brought down a box and was I pleasantly surprised. Two bound books of programs from 60,61 a team photo from 1961 and a personel photo of directors, managers, pres. coaches etc. Gregg is moving at the end of the week. He has some great scrapbooks Id like to go through. He has my # and I have his. I want to hear some more stories about his time at Empire. I told him the collectables will have a good home. More info to come. Thnx BobImage[/url [URL=http://s14.photobucket.com/user/pompier ... 2.jpg.html]ImageImageImage
Last edited by Ballistic Bob on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Wear orange or wear nothing
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Looks awesome, kinda like a late BDay gift eh....?
QB Club 63
All Star

Wow! Looks like I should be going to more garage sales! Great stuff, Bob!
Hendu
prospect

Awesome stuff Bob!!!!!
If memory serves -- and my wife always suggests it was the 2nd thing to.. uh, "go" ((lol)) -- didn't the 1961 programs come with the perforated player photos in them??
And were they included in the bound set you got?? Sure hope so!!
So far as 1960 goes, the pics were handed out w/the programs.. right??
Let's beat Sask this weekend, eh??
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Hendu wrote:Awesome stuff Bob!!!!!
If memory serves -- and my wife always suggests it was the 2nd thing to.. uh, "go" ((lol)) -- didn't the 1961 programs come with the perforated player photos in them??
And were they included in the bound set you got?? Sure hope so!!
So far as 1960 goes, the pics were handed out w/the programs.. right??
Let's beat Sask this weekend, eh??
You are correct sir. The programs are pristine. The 1960 programs didnt have a pic included like the cover says but the 1961 has all the perforated pics intack. Im a card collector to. Have all the Jogo Lions from 1981. If the upper deck comes out would you let us know. Thnx Bob
Wear orange or wear nothing
David
Team Captain

Wow. Nice haul Bob! That 1960 colour team photo is rare. I own an orange book - it's from 1971 and has coach Eagle Keys name embossed on it. All the programs from that '71 season.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar