New Artwork inspired by the BC Lions

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

JeremyBresciani
prospect

Hi everyone! In recognition of the Lions 6th Grey Cup last season, I decided to create a piece of artwork to celebrate their proud history. It is a pencil drawing. I hope you like it.

Here is my description of the artwork:

"THE LIONS' ROAR"

This drawing was inspired by the proud history of the BC Lions and their strong fanbase. The piece captures the feeling of being a BC Lions fan as fans walk to BC Place on gameday. Ghosted in the sky above the stadium are six of the many great players that have captured the hearts of Lions' fans since their inaugural season in 1954. From left to right: Joe Kapp, Willie Fleming, Merv Fernandez, Lui Passaglia, Sean Millington and Geroy Simon. Each of these players has won atleast 1 Grey Cup as a Lion and represent each of the Lions' 6 Grey Cup winning seasons. Fan jersey numbers pay tribute to these players as well as Jim Young, Doug Flutie, Travis Lulay, Paul McCallum, Darren Flutie, Jason Clermont, Brent Johnson, Norm Fieldgate, By Bailey, Alan Wilson, Jamie Taras, Ted Gerela, Bill Munsey, Dave Dickenson, Cory Philpot, Larry Crawford, Barron Miles, Damon Allen, James Parker, Ray Alexander and Ryan Phillips. Ghosted in the sky behind Joe Kapp and Willie Fleming is a game scene from Empire Stadium where the Lions played from 1954 to 1982 before moving to BC Place.
Last edited by JeremyBresciani on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Great stuff!
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
wcstripes
prospect

Holy crap that is awesome!
JeremyBresciani
prospect

sj-roc wrote:Great stuff!
Thanks man!
JeremyBresciani
prospect

wcstripes wrote:Holy crap that is awesome!
Thanks!!
MacNews
Team Captain

Wow! Amazing!!!
princetonfan
Rookie

AMAZING is an understatement!
WOW. AWESOME!! :beauty:
princetonfan
Rookie

Would you ever consider making prints?
If so I WANT ONE!
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

princetonfan wrote:Would you ever consider making prints?
If so I WANT ONE!
Google his handle, he's way ahead of you.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

That is totally awesome ! Wish I could draw like that
David
Team Captain

Awesome job, Jeremy! :beer:

You hit on all the key players from their history. 6 players, 6 Cups. I like it!

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
274always
All Star

I know someone down in 'Bama who'd want one.
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Wow. Fantastic. Congratulations. It is just beautiful. Thank you. :thup:

Hey, do the Lions have culture? Ha ha ... This is such a part of that.

As is the art work of Woody.
princetonfan
Rookie

Thanks sj-roc
I ordered myself one and one more for my mom
If anyone else wants one this is the link straight to it
http://www.jeremybresciani.com/en/artshop.asp
JeremyBresciani
prospect

David wrote:Awesome job, Jeremy! :beer:

You hit on all the key players from their history. 6 players, 6 Cups. I like it!

DH :cool:
Thanks David! It was so hard to choose just 6! I wanted all 6 cups to be covered though.