Who wore #70 in 1997

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

Hey all,
My first post so I hope I have the right forum. I just bought a game-worn jersey with the #70 but the name plate is blank. I think it is from 1997 as there is a tag with 97 on it next to the Starter label. #59 has also been pencilled on the inside at the neck. It's a size 46. Any guesses who might have worn it? Thanks.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I believe it was Roger Kettlewell, a punter. Kettlewell was a Killarney grad. If I recall he was a very average punter
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Todd Furdyk was an OL who played here from 1993-97, mostly as a backup/utility player IIRC and wore #59. It's possible this might been a jersey he would have worn on plays where he reported as an eligible receiver.

Kettlewell was from an earlier era.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
274always
All Star

that was impressive sj-roc
Grey Cup 103. Graduation day.
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

http://www.bclions.com/page/bc_history_alltimeroster

I didn't notice a #70 from 1997 so sj-roc is on the right track.
Bighill is Badass
Qman
Champion

if i remember carl coulter and craig hendrickson were #59 as well in that era. Agree with sj-roc, the no-name plate is a dead-give-away that its a second jersey OL used to have to put on when they lined up at tight-end. This was before the check-in rule that they have now.
D
Team Captain

here is another reference that would be good may help
http://lionbackers.com/history/alltimeroster.html
I own The Grey Cup! .com
CardiacKid
Legend

I thought when members of the O-line came into the game as tight ends, they wore a singlet or something they could easily slip over their usual jersey.