cfl phone

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

Ballistic Bob
Legend

picked up a cfl phone with Doug Mitchell the commish at the time 1984-1989 on the logo for 5.00 at the local spca thrift store. It still works. BB ImageImage
Wear orange or wear nothing
TheFanWithTheFlag
Starter

thats is wicked bob
where the hell u find all this stuff
BCfanInDIXIE
Starter

freakin' sweet!

you always find the best stuff Bob.
Founder of the Bama BC Fan Club :towel:
Honour Dewalt
Champion

OMG!! I HAD THAT PHONE!! I had it in the late 80's early 90's.It was pretty much my first phone growing up. It sat on a brown plastic kicker's tee. I loved it, but it eventually stopped working and I don't know what happened to it. I think I originally got it at a place like the Bay. THey came with a round sticker of your team, to put in the middle. This takes me back! Good find.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Maybe that is your phone. Ballistic stole it! This thrift store thing is just a front. Just look at his shifty eyes, his Mexican Bandito Poncho. Cmon Ballistic, fess up, or should we call you El Hefe.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Bob, when you said it was from the 80s, I was kind of hoping it would be a rotary dial, for that added vintage touch. Good find though, all the same.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.