Mini Grey Cups?

Got em, Need em, Find em, Get em!

Moderator: Team Captains

lion24
Legend

Does anyone know if the Mini Grey Cups they will be giving out during the Lions home opener be available for sell anywhere as i would like to add one to my shrine :wink: ?
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

They were already selling them for $40 @BC Place during the preseason game.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

I'm not sure what they look like yet.
They have one for sale at the souvenir stand at the dome
$40 though, which I thought was a little expensive

You should see if Rick at Sports n Stuff can get you one and ship it too you.
Bighill is Badass
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

unfortunatley ive been told they are exclusive to the lions so i cant get any and they can charge what they want.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

According to the poll on bclions.com, it looks like most people feeling that beating the Eskimos in the home opener is much more important and exciting than the mini Grey Cup giveaway. Going under the fair assumption that it's mostly Lions fans who are voting, it looks like many of them aren't materialistic.

http://www.bclions.com/modules.php?op=m ... pollID=109&
MacNews
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:They were already selling them for $40 @BC Place during the preseason game.
It was $20 at FanFest.
lion24
Legend

Robbie wrote:According to the poll on bclions.com, it looks like most people feeling that beating the Eskimos in the home opener is much more important and exciting than the mini Grey Cup giveaway. Going under the fair assumption that it's mostly Lions fans who are voting, it looks like many of them aren't materialistic.

http://www.bclions.com/modules.php?op=m ... pollID=109&
I would hope all Lions fans would rather have a win over the Eskimos or any other team than the mini Grey Cup :roll: :roll: But at the same time i am not sure it makes someone materialistic to want one??
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
smphantom
Legend

Here are pics of the mini Grey Cup I picked up at Fan Fest for $20.

Stay thirsty my friends.
lion24
Legend

Thanks for making me more jealous smphantom!! :lol: :lol:
Ballistic Bob
Legend

smphantom wrote:Here are pics of the mini Grey Cup I picked up at Fan Fest for $20.

Now thats a shrine. BB
smphantom
Legend

It's not my shrine - didn't have a ruler to show the size, so put it against a football. :lol:
Stay thirsty my friends.
CB123
Legend

I bought one of those at the Grey Cup (the only difference was that it had a 94th Grey Cup logo on it insted of a Lions champs logo).
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
lion24
Legend

smphantom wrote:Here are pics of the mini Grey Cup I picked up at Fan Fest for $20.

I just got one of these and just to make it more authentic I proceeded to break the top off it :wink: :wink:
lion24
Legend

I am going to need another one to add :beer:
smphantom
Legend

Me too! :thup:
Stay thirsty my friends.