2013 pubgating

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

I don't know if anyone has a regular spot already staked out for pubgating this year but if you haven't seen their tweet yet, the Lions are having a "tweet-up" event at the Shark Club downtown for the season opener @Cgy this Friday. Felions will be on hand selling calendars. Reservations (free) are required and will be capped at 50 attendees. Other details, including an online registration link, here:

http://bclionsfootballtweetup.eventbrite.ca
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

What exactly is a tweet up?
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:What exactly is a tweet up?
I'm not on twitter but as far as I can tell it's basically an excuse, in this case at least, to go to a bar to watch a football game. With some added bells and whistles. Cheerleaders. Cheerleader calendars. Reduced food & drink prices. Prizes. I don't think you HAVE to be on twitter for it but it might enhance the experience.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
woody
Champion

Anyone here planning on going?
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Is anyone pre-gaming before tonight's game? If so, where & when?