Where to sit for road games?

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Chronicguy
prospect

Hi all,

I hope this is the right section to post this in. Figured it might be a bit better than in the main section.

I posted this question in the Lions section of the cfl forums, but didn't get any answers. So i figured since this forum seems to have more activity, that i might be able to get an answer here.

I'll be attending my first ever road game for the season opener in Calgary. I was wondering, is there is a section Lions fans tend to sit in? I'd rather be near fellow Lion fans than being surrounded by Stamps fans. Also, is there ever any meet ups before games for us Lions fans to share a pop and some good times before heading into the game? Since it's my first road game, i'd like to make it the best experience i can.

Thanks in advance :)
Rammer
Team Captain

Chronicguy wrote:Hi all,

I hope this is the right section to post this in. Figured it might be a bit better than in the main section.

I posted this question in the Lions section of the cfl forums, but didn't get any answers. So i figured since this forum seems to have more activity, that i might be able to get an answer here.

I'll be attending my first ever road game for the season opener in Calgary. I was wondering, is there is a section Lions fans tend to sit in? I'd rather be near fellow Lion fans than being surrounded by Stamps fans. Also, is there ever any meet ups before games for us Lions fans to share a pop and some good times before heading into the game? Since it's my first road game, i'd like to make it the best experience i can.

Thanks in advance :)
McMahon Stadium parking lot will have established tailgaters going on (they pay a premium to park and party) that will put up with other team fans. Check back here at a later date to see if there is any group going up to the game, usually to that once a season. As for seating, it is a large ST base, and Lion fans kind of get sprinkled around the stadium at best, pending on the price point that you are willing to pay. Again if you want to wait, you may find a group to go with through here, and the Lions office sometimes has a section that they have reserved for tickets.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Chronicguy
prospect

Thanks Rammer :thup:

I'll keep my eyes open here to see if others are going. I might end up pulling the trigger on tickets before then though. I was looking at what is available through the pre-sale and it looks like there are some decent seats at mid field for a very reasonable price. They are high up, but i kind of like those seats so i can get a good view of the play as it develops. Not sure how long those seats will last once regular ticket sales start.

On a side note, prices for Stamps games put the prices the Lions charge to shame. A ticket high up at mid field is only $45 + service charge for a Stamps game... but is $80 + service charges for Lions games. Yet BC Place is almost half empty for games. Maybe i shouldn't have decided to start going to a road game a year... cuz i'm now starting to feel a little ripped off on ticket prices by the Lions :thdn:
David
Team Captain

Welcome to Lionbackers, Chronicguy.

I have been to several Lions-Stamps game at McMahon over the past 10 years or so. I recall one time I sat with Lions "friends and family" on the Lions' side of the field (I believe that's the East side), down about the 25-30 yard line and maybe 10 rows up. I believe these are the seats that visiting players get to distribute to family members etc.

LOL, don't get us started on ticket prices high up! There was pages and pages written on this subject this past year. To the Lions' credit, they have introduced a couple of lower priced (family and student) sections at BC Place. Is this enough? Probably not, but it's a good start and shows they're at least listening to their fan base. :thup:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar