Cheapest Parking Downtown

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

Hey all,
We're coming in from Victoria and wondering where the cheapest place to park downtown is located? We have usually parked at the Queen Elizabeth theatre but I am wondering if there is a better choice?
Thanks a bunch,
Dave
woody
Champion

There is an Easy park next to Mcdonalds on main st ,across from the skytrain terminal.Not sure of the price but all the pre-game tailgating goes on there.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Metropolitan Towers on Seymour directly across from Staples. $8.00 for evening parking (after 6 PM)
CardiacKid
Legend

Great info! Thanks everyone!
SammyGreene
Team Captain

We always park in this Impark underground lot located in a alley just off of Robson between Richards and Homer. Cost is $6 after 6 p.m. until 11 p.m. when the underground gate is closed.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

woody wrote:There is an Easy park next to Mcdonalds on main st ,across from the skytrain terminal.Not sure of the price but all the pre-game tailgating goes on there.
That particular lot doesn't seem to enforce premium event rates like some of their downtown lots.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Qman
Champion

Pacific centre mall.
cheap.
very secure.
walk 6 blocks (5 mins) or take sky train from granville to stadium (30 seconds).
Post-game traffic is good.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Now that the crazy, disturbed , and violent man who assaulted several passengers on the SkyTrain after the Lions/Roughriders game is now in custody, hopefully it will be safe again to use the SkyTrain to get to Lions games.

And speaking of similar names recently (i.e. Jerry vs. Jim Sandusky), I wonder if one of the woman victims, Tammie McManus, is related to the former Lions QB hero.

Were any of you on that train after the game?
Tammie McManus's ride home on the SkyTrain will never be the same.

The Burnaby esthetician was one of many passengers “trapped” on board the Sunday night route after a B.C. Lions game when a deranged man lost control.

He head-butted a passenger and spat in McManus's face.

“It makes me terrified to ride a SkyTrain because the worst thing about it is you're confined, you cannot get off — you're trapped until that door opens,” she said.

From the instant the man got on the train, McManus felt “uneasy.”

“There was just something about this guy,” she said. “He just made me feel really uncomfortable.”

Unfortunately, on the packed train she wound up directly beside him.

“[At first] he was really quiet, but because I was beside him I could hear him uttering threats,” she recalled.

McManus could hear racial and homophobic slurs.

“All of a sudden he just cracked this guy in the face,” she said. “After that he got extremely loud ... and saying this was our last train ride, that this was an omen.”

“He just kept saying that we're all going to die.”

Standing so close to him, McManus did everything she could to avoid eye contact.

“I didn't even look at him,” she said. “Then the next thing you know he turned to me and just called me a *beeotch* ... and just spat right in my face.”

“It was the most disgusting thing.”

At one point McManus recalls seeing the disturbed man reach inside his jacket.

“I thought, 'Oh God, does he have a gun?' I thought this was it,” she said. “Everybody was so terrified because of this guy — you didn't know what he was going to do.”

Although the train ride to the next stop was only about three minutes, she said it felt like more.

“That's the scariest thing — that you're trapped. What do you do when you're in those situations? Just wait until it's over and hope,” said an emotional McManus.

She's thankful for the other passengers who helped restrain the man until the doors finally opened and police quickly took over the scene — but the experience isn't going to be easy to overcome.

“When I get on a SkyTrain I'm going to be worrying and I'm going to look for this person,” she said. “That's the stuff that makes you unable to sleep at night.”
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

I was unaware of this Skytrain incident until reading this last post. Hopefully we won't have to hear any nonsense of bystanders getting arrested/sued for subduing the instigator.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.