visiting vancouver

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

mightybuck
Legend

As of now my wife and are planning for the Winnipeg/Lions game - looking for suggestions for a good but reasonably priced motel in the burnaby area or the empire stadium area..and where NOT to stay..

Also ..This will be our first real visit to Vancouver, I have been up for games when Buck was with the Lions but they were fast overnight trips..This time planning on seeing Vancouver some. So....if you had just saturday morning and all day sunday.. what are some 'must' sees in the area .. places close enough to drive to ...I dont want to waist my time driving around and missing some places.

Thanks for any help

MB - Steve
"The most competitive men love the most competitive game" Vince Lombardi

A true friend is someone who walks in when everyone else is walking out
chursinoffb
prospect

Totally depends on your interests but...

Stanley Park
Granville Island
Downtown
Chinatown
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

chursinoffb wrote:Totally depends on your interests but...

Stanley Park
Granville Island
Downtown
Chinatown
These are good ideas. If you have been downtown post Lions games but wife hasn't maybe start on a Saturday morning with a drive to Stanley Park and walk there. It is a large park but you can walk around it entirely if you love walking - a few hours but maybe that is too much. Drive part of it and stop at places like the 9 O'clock gun for a view of the downtown, then stop just after the Lions Gate Bridge at the point there (name escapes me). You will drive over the Lions Gate bridge causeway.

For a beach experience you could stop at Second Beach.

For lunch you could go to the West End and if you like Greek food do what we used to do pre-Lion games and go to Stephos on Davie Street for a great lunch (big plates) and good prices. Avoid the higher priced Greek one to the east of it. Parking is harder to find but London drugs across the street has pay. Get there a bit early as the line ups of students (language students discovered this place).

After that you could drive over to Granville Island or even go there for lunch. You can google all this stuff.

Parking your car - leave nothing visible as foreign lic. plates are a dead giveaway for thieves who will breakin for 50 cents if they see it. Have coins for meters with you. This is true if you go to China town.

Added places to go (if you were in Stanley Park on a Sunday then this is a shortish drive over the Lions Gate to Capilano Road:

1. Capilano Suspension Bridge - North Vancouver

2. Grouse Mountain - you could walk up the Grouse Grind if fit (a big challenge - not if unfit) and then take sky lift down or just take sky lift up. It is interesting walking around. Restaurant up there is okay. Great for an evening meal. Not cheap but great views.

3. Cleveland Dam - all three are accessible via Capilano Road.

Dinner - Salmon House in West Vancouver (at least it used to be awesome with a great view).
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote: Drive part of it and stop at places like the 9 O'clock gun for a view of the downtown, then stop just after the Lions Gate Bridge at the point there (name escapes me). You will drive over the Lions Gate bridge causeway.

Prospect Point
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Wreck Beach gets my vote.