Lions in PNE parade

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

QB Club 63
All Star

Sorry I didn't post this sooner but I was surprised nobody else had...

I was at the PNE parade Friday evening - purrfect weather, purrfect setting along Beach Ave, pretty good crowd - and I have to say it was the best PNE parade in 15 years. :wink: There was a lot of participation by kids in the parade, which was good to see.

A few of the Felions led the Lions contingent and I got a couple of waves for wearing my BC Lions t-shirt. Leo the Lion was very popular amongst the toddler set - at one point he was nearly gang-tackled by a cluster of 5 or 6 ankle biters. There were 3 players wearing their black 3rd jersey over their casual attire - Manny Arcenaux, Solomon Elimimian, and Dan McCullough - and they appeared to be having a blast, smiling, laughing, shaking hands with the kids. Too bad they were on the other side of the street when they came past our spot. :roar:

I was a little disapponted the Lions "float" wasn't in the parade, though. Some of you might recall that inflatable mountian lion crouching on a flatbed with a goalpost looming (can't seem to locate a photo). IMO it would have fit the parade theme quite well. Too bad somebody couldn't have convinced Lui or Wally to ride along in a convertible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.