B.C. Lions 2010 schedule

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

Pre-season
Sun Jun 13 at Saskatchewan 1:30 PM
Sun Jun 20 vs Edmonton 2:00 PM
Regular season
Sun Jul 04 at Edmonton 4:00 PM
Sat Jul 10 vs Saskatchewan 7:00 PM
Fri Jul 16 vs Montreal 7:00 PM
Fri Jul 23 at Toronto 4:30 PM
Fri Jul 30 at Edmonton 6:00 PM
Sat Aug 07 vs Calgary 7:00 PM
Thu Aug 12 at Saskatchewan 6:00 PM
Fri Aug 27 vs Calgary 7:30 PM
Fri Sep 03 at Montreal 4:30 PM
Sat Sep 11 vs Toronto 1:00 PM
Sat Sep 18 vs Hamilton 7:00 PM
Sat Sep 25 at Calgary 6:30 PM
Sat Oct 02 vs Winnipeg 7:00 PM
Mon Oct 11 at Winnipeg 1:30 PM
Sat Oct 16 vs Edmonton 7:00 PM
Fri Oct 22 at Calgary 7:00 PM
Sun Oct 31 vs Saskatchewan 2:00 PM
Sat Nov 06 at Hamilton 11:00 AM
Fans of the BC Lions will not only have a chance to watch their club in their old stomping grounds of Empire Fields in 2010, they’ll also be watching them take on league rivals on weekends for seven of the team’s nine regular season home dates.

The Leos will begin their 57th season with a road game in Edmonton on Sunday, July 4th before opening their 2010 home schedule on Saturday, July 10th against the defending West Division champion Saskatchewan Roughriders.

The rest of the recently released 2010 CFL schedule includes five more Saturday match-ups for the Leos as well as two Friday night games and a Sunday afternoon tilt to wrap up the regular season. In all, fans will be treated to two Sunday afternoon matchups starting at 2:00 pm including the pre-season game versus the Edmonton Eskimos as well a Saturday afternoon tilt in September against Toronto that kicks off at 1:00 pm.

“We are very pleased with the 2010 schedule and we believe our fans will be as well,” said Lions vice president of business, George Chayka. “With six games played on Saturdays and three afternoon starts in total, we couldn’t have asked for a better way to return outdoors for the first time in 27 years. Five weekend games after Labour Day and three afternoon starts are great news for Lions fans outside the Lower Mainland or traveling from Interior BC.”

The remainder of the Leos’ home schedule against West Division foes includes two visits by the Calgary Stampeders on Saturday, August 7th and Friday, August 27th. The Edmonton Eskimos will make their lone regular season visit on Saturday, October 16th.

In addition to helping the Leos kickoff the regular season home schedule on July 10th, the Saskatchewan Roughriders will also provide the opposition for the club’s final home game with an afternoon visit on Sunday, October 31st.

“I am very satisfied with the overall schedule,” said Lions GM and head coach Wally Buono. “From a player standpoint, I know the atmosphere in our stadium will be electric and provide a home field advantage that rivals any team in our league.”

The reigning Grey Cup champion Montreal Alouettes will make the trek west on Friday, July 16th while the Toronto Argonauts make their lone trip to Vancouver on Saturday, September 11th. The Hamilton Tiger-Cats will look to avenge their loss in the 2009 East Semi-Final with a visit on Saturday, September 18th and the new-look Winnipeg Blue Bombers will travel out west for the first half of a back-to-back series on Saturday, October 2nd.

During the pre-season, the Lions travel to Saskatchewan on Sunday, June 13th and will face the Edmonton Eskimos at home on Sunday, June 20th.
Some thoughts:

• I would suggest 6 of the 9 home dates to be warm or at the very least decent weather games. :thup:

• For the 2nd straight year it's the Riders and Stamps making two visits to Vancouver. I can't even remember the last time the Riders only came out here once.

• I count 4 different start times for regular season games (1 p.m., 2 p.m., 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.). Lions fans better check their schedules. :roar:
Rammer
Team Captain

Only the Winnipeg games with the back to back games for the Lions, the less of these the better IMO.
Entertainment value = an all time low
zark
Champion

I love the afternoon games. It' s far more kid friendly. Nice move. :cheer:
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

This is the best schedule in years. It's nice to have one's perennial concerns addressed at last:

:thup: Six Saturday games (compared to only two last year)
:thup: No home games on long weekends
:thup: Five home games after Labour Day when crowds are generally biggest, instead of the usual four
:thup: Two Sunday afternoon games (including preseason) for families and out-of-towners

Congrats to the Lions and the league.
Tighthead
Legend

I love to see some home day games. Works better for kids, more of a challenge for the 2% drunken idiot percentile.
The_Pauser
Legend

And they got the Halloween game right. Although it's on a Sunday, but it's a 2pm start so families (and partygoers) can go to the game and then still enjoy the Halloween festivities afterwards. :yahoo:
Roar you Lions roar!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I like this schedule :thup: :thup:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

:thdn: With the outdoor stadium and the cold, rainy weather come October, for three home games the Felions must cover up.
:thup: One of those three home games is on Halloween, so Felions will wear Halloween costumes again.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Wear orange or wear nothing
Spud387
Champion

The_Pauser wrote:And they got the Halloween game right. Although it's on a Sunday, but it's a 2pm start so families (and partygoers) can go to the game and then still enjoy the Halloween festivities afterwards. :yahoo:
I noticed this too. 2 Halloween games in a row is awesome and having it in the afternoon means people can still make the game.
Ness
prospect

Excellent. For myself: More Saturday games = More roadtrips out to BC. Can't wait to watch some outdoor football in Vancouver.
nelson95
Legend

Disappointed its not BC in Moncton but otherwise good schedule
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
bclions16
Champion

Robbie wrote::thdn: With the outdoor stadium and the cold, rainy weather come October, for three home games the Felions must cover up.
:thup: One of those three home games is on Halloween, so Felions will wear Halloween costumes again.
You have made these points before. Keep it in your Felines prowl section.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

I get the whole thing about divisions and rivalries and all that but in a league as small as the CFL I think it's time that stuff went out the window and somehow move to a more balanced schedule. A steady diet of the Calgary Stampeders (4 times between Aug 7 and Oct 22!) while each of the eastern teams the usual twice is a bit monotonous. Not to mention that the Lions & Stamps might realistically meet in the postseason. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to getting to more games this season...can't wait!