Orange Helmet Awards dinner

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Anyone else attending this event tonight?

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

yes my dad and i will be attending :)
2012 Season Ticket Holder
David
Team Captain

First class event put on by the Lions. The banquet was held at the Westin Bayshore with a large pep band greeting people at the door. I would estimate the crowd inside last night at between 700 - 1,000. It was well attended by Leos (past and present), with dignitaries Gordon Campbell (who came up to the podium to deliver a fine tribute to Bob Ackles) and Wally Oppal, with local sports figures such as Pat Quinn, and with local media.

Current Leos in attendance: Geroy, Sherko, Angus Reid, Lyle Green, Jarious Jackson, Brent Johnson, Dean Valli, Barron Miles, Jason Jimenez, Alexis Bwenge, and Paris Jackson. The players from yester-year included 'Dirty 30' Jim Young, Al Wilson, Cory Philpot - who looks exactly the same as when he played, Daved Benefield, and many others.

The award will now be known as the "Bob Ackles Award," which was unveiled, and touching moments came when sons Steve and Scott came up to deliver some emotional speeches. Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger who had the film "Rudy" made about his Notre Dame football days was the guest speaker, and had the crowd inspired by his address.

There was a live auction in which about 8 event packages went for between $3K and $6K and a silent auction where I walked away with a framed photo signed by Paris Jackson of his leaping endzone catch in the West Final, and a Geroy Simon away jersey.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
nelson95
Legend

That jackson picture was sweet!

congrats
Give the ball to LeeRoy!