Hey! You in Victoria! Come to the Pub!

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Alright, listen up all you Victoria/Vancouver Island CFL fans:

The 2008 Pubgating season is now upon us! :beer: This is an open invitation for those of you who reside in, or are visiting BC's beautiful capital city to show your colours, whatever they may be, and join our merry band of pubgaters at the Sticky Wicket Pub this season.

We don't care who you cheer for, or even who's playing a lot of the time. Hell, we just want to revel in this glorious CFL game that is our very own! Right now, our core group consists of 2 Lions fans and 3 Eskimo fans, with a roving assortment of other teams represented. More is always merrier, so come on out! :football: :beer:

Have I mentioned that the Wicket Burgers are highly awesome? Well....they are. Trust me. Or better yet, don't trust me, try them for yourself!

So...either me or SM will be updating this thread, as to when we will be gathering. Come out come out, wherever you are!

EVENT #2:

When: Thursday, July 3rd 7pm PST (or earlier)
Who: Calgay @ Edmonton
Where: Sticky Wicket Pub (games room) 919 Douglas Street Victoria, BC (In the Strathcona Hotel)
Why: For the love of the game!

See you there!

EVENT #3:

Stay tuned!

See you there! :beauty:
Real women wear orange!!
I_Bleed_Orange
Starter

Cool Kim ... I read a post late last season that you went down to the Wicket for road games ... so I have kept it in mind to check out this season.

That said, I already have plans for Event #1. I will plan on attending Event #2 LIONS @ Winnipeg on July 11.
I'm feelin' fine
Sitting in Row A - Sec 39

http://picasaweb.google.com/SayYesToFun
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

I_Bleed_Orange wrote:Cool Kim ... I read a post late last season that you went down to the Wicket for road games ... so I have kept it in mind to check out this season.

That said, I already have plans for Event #1. I will plan on attending Event #2 LIONS @ Winnipeg on July 11.
Sweet! We need to get more Lions fans out at these things, and I'm trying to publicize them more, on other fan boards and on Facebook. Keep in mind too, it may not always be a Lions game-as long as we can get together with great fans to enjoy the game we all love together, it's a win-win!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php ... 2606455131
Real women wear orange!!
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

CatsEyes wrote:We don't care who you cheer for, or even who's playing a lot of the time. Hell, we just want to revel in this glorious CFL game that is our very own!
Hell yeah! This whole league is one big community.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Real women wear orange!!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

This particular pubgater is held in conjunction with Esksfan.com as an Island Esksfans event too, for point of order.
lion24
Legend

Solar Max wrote:This particular pubgater is held in conjunction with Esksfan.com as an Island Esksfans event too, for point of order.
There are island Eskimo fans???? I think you need to starighten them out Solar Max :wink: :wink:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote:
Solar Max wrote:This particular pubgater is held in conjunction with Esksfan.com as an Island Esksfans event too, for point of order.
There are island Eskimo fans???? I think you need to starighten them out Solar Max :wink: :wink:
Yup. More Esksfans here than Lions fans, actually.
lion24
Legend

Solar Max wrote:
lion24 wrote:
That's a shame :sigh: ......I seemed to have made up a new word "starighten", it means to disintegrate :wink:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:
lion24 wrote:
I KNOW you Island Lions fans are out there-I can hear you roaring! :roar: :roar:
Real women wear orange!!
lion24
Legend

There are island Eskimo fans???? I think you need to starighten them out Solar Max :wink: :wink:[/quote]

Yup. More Esksfans here than Lions fans, actually.[/quote]

That's a shame :sigh: ......I seemed to have made up a new word "starighten", it means to disintegrate :wink:[/quote]

Ok that may be a little harsh, can you at least just shrink them :thup: :yes:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

I actually saw a Dodge truck today with a Lions car flag on it. First one ever, save for our own.

I also saw a Rider car flag. :sigh:
lion24
Legend

Solar Max wrote:I actually saw a Dodge truck today with a Lions car flag on it. First one ever, save for our own.

Can you shrink both the Esk and Rider fans out there then??? :yes:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote:
Solar Max wrote:I actually saw a Dodge truck today with a Lions car flag on it. First one ever, save for our own.

Well, the 3 or 4 Esks fans in Victoria that we know are quite cool, but some days we are vastly outnumbered! That's why we gotta get representin' at the pubgaters! :roar:
Real women wear orange!!
lion24
Legend

CatsEyes wrote:
lion24 wrote:

Well, the 3 or 4 Esks fans in Victoria that we know are quite cool, but some days we are vastly outnumbered! That's why we gotta get representin' at the pubgaters! :roar:

I still say shrinking them is the answer :thup: