2008 Training Camp and Fan Fest

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

No Ordinary Joe
Legend

We're a little over 2 weeks away from the start of camp and I was just seeing who, if anybody, is going out to Rotary Stadium in Abbotsford to check out the action and also who was hitting up Fan Fest on June 8th?

Here's the schedule:

THURSDAY, MAY 29 – LIONS ROOKIE CAMP – DAY 1
PRACTICE TIME : TBA

FRIDAY, MAY 30 – LIONS ROOKIE CAMP – DAY 2
PRACTICE TIME: TBA

SATURDAY, MAY 31 – VETERANS REPORT TO TRAINING CAMP

SUNDAY, JUNE 1 – TRAINING CAMP DAY 1
PRACTICE TIMES: 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM & 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM

MONDAY, JUNE 2 – TRAINING CAMP DAY 2

TUESDAY, JUNE 3 – TRAINING CAMP DAY 3

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 4 – TRAINING CAMP DAY 4

THURSDAY, JUNE 5 – TRAINING CAMP DAY 5

FRIDAY, JUNE 6 – TRAINING CAMP DAY 6
PRACTICE TIMES: 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM & 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM

SATURDAY, JUNE 7– TRAINING CAMP DAY 7
PRACTICE TIMES: 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM & 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM

SUNDAY, JUNE 8 – TRAINING CAMP DAY 8 - FAN FEST
TIME: TBA
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

i will be taking in a couple of the morning practices for sure! not sure which ones. probably the 1st monday, that gives them couple days to get going! :beer: :beer:
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

I'll be going to Fanfest
2012 Season Ticket Holder
QB Club 63
All Star

I went to my first Fan Fest last year, and I thoroughly enjoyed it despite the occasional light drizzle. :wink: Didn't stay for the controlled scrimmage, though, as I had to be in Chilliwack for dinner.

I plan on attending this year along with my nephew, who shares my ST's. Haven't heard yet whether dinner in Chilliwack is included this year, too. :sigh:

BTW, updated info says Fan Fest kicks off at 1PM with a controlled scrimmage starting at 3, and the whole thing wraps up at 5. If you are a ST holder you should have received a letter from Bob Ackles inviting you to Fan Fest, and the letter entitles you to a free hot dog & pop courtesy of BC Place. Head there early because I think they ran out well before 3 o'clock last year. :lol: (And no, I don't think BC Place is serving wieners or buns left over from last season) :wag:
Bosco
Team Captain

QB Club 63 wrote: (And no, I don't think BC Place is serving wieners or buns left over from last season) :wag:
The wieners and buns are actually due for a new coat of paint - compliments of the Stadium / Olympics upgrade program. :roar:
woody
Champion

I have never been to fan fest,do you have to be a ST holder to go?
FirstDownLions
Rookie

No you don't have to be a STH to attend Fan Fest, however it is recommended you are a fan of the team :) The only real perk STH's get are the free hotdogs for every ticket they have on their account. I have plans to go camping this weekend, might have to switch those up to attend FF.
Lions33
Starter

I will be there
I_Bleed_Orange
Starter

I planning to come over next weekend to take in the Saturday training sessions and Sunday's fanfest. I am quite looking forward to it because I have never had the opportunity to watch team practices or TC before.

Am also looking forward to touching base with some of you guys that I haven't seen since last season. :yahoo:
I'm feelin' fine
Sitting in Row A - Sec 39

http://picasaweb.google.com/SayYesToFun
pearl hurl
prospect

I will be driving out to the fraser valley sometime this week and weekend to catch some practices.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I've never been to FF before, what is it like exactly?
David
Team Captain

David wrote:
No Ordinary Joe wrote:I've never been to FF before, what is it like exactly?
It has evolved over the years. From a Lui hosted spaghetti dinner under a tent at the Surrey Practice Facility for season ticket holders (which gives you a fairly good insight into season ticket sales the late '90s, early '00s), to the 'come one, come all' event it is today held at their training camp.

It has become a great family event and a chance for fans to mingle with all the players. There are interactive exhibits, a Q&A with Wally, live music, booths set up that sell Lions' merchandise, and a concession stand that sells hot dogs and soft drinks (one of each free per season ticket). This year there will be a scrimmage after the event (just don't expect any heavy duty contact).

Personally, I recommend it. Participation in the event is a great way to show the new guys just what the team means to the community!

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
nelson95
Legend

anyone remember if people had dogs there last year?
Give the ball to LeeRoy!