And one more BIG thumbs-up...

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Soundy
Hall of Famer

...to the security, Impark, and VPD personnel who worked the tailgater lot today. Despite the very obvious "NO TAILGATING, NO OPEN ALCOHOL, NO FUN" sign at the entrance to the parking lot, I didn't see them hassling anyone about the numerous "illicit activities" going on this morning.

I saw the VPD cruise through a couple of times, both in the car and on foot... stopped to chat here and there, made sure everyone was behaving... ditto the folks in various SECURITY-labeled jackets. ALL the fans I saw there seemed to be well-behaved as well (despite a few "screecher" firecrackers being set off), which no doubt helped. Kudos to them.

On the flip-side, thumbs down to those who didn't clean up after themselves afterward: one parking spot I saw, there was a whole freakin' bag of garbage left behind... like, they took the time to bag up the garbage (most of it, anyway; some was still strewn around)... but THEY LEFT IT LAYING THERE!! It's that sort of idiocy that will lead to the sign being enforced in the future. :x :thdn:

(Frankly, I thought it would be most amusing to have a photo of that sign... smoldering on someone's BBQ... ;))
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

The Tailgate Party today was a lot of fun. I had a great time. Thank you to the guys making the pancakes and sausages, they were fantastic! Thank you as well to Brian and Angus Reid for the T-Shirt, it's great, I can't wait to wear it to games and practices next year. Looking forward to seeing some pictures. :thup:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Oh yeah, add my thanks to the guys with the pancakes and sausages! They had a little factory going there, cranking out the grub... awesome work!

Also thanks AGAIN to Brian and Sheila for doing the big-screen setup. Lots of people putting in extra effort to make it a great experience for everybody!
(\__/)
Rammer
Team Captain

Soundy wrote:Oh yeah, add my thanks to the guys with the pancakes and sausages! They had a little factory going there, cranking out the grub... awesome work!

Also thanks AGAIN to Brian and Sheila for doing the big-screen setup. Lots of people putting in extra effort to make it a great experience for everybody!
Heard a guy in the line going into the game on his cell phone mentioning the TG and the big screen of the Argos game....he sounded amazed. :thup:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Soundy
Hall of Famer

TG PICS ARE UP (click here to see them all)!

Game pics are coming tomorrow... now it's bedtime!
(\__/)
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Awesome pictures !
Soundy
Hall of Famer

I'm just thinking that the railings on the bridge there need to be repainted... :?
(\__/)
kidder
Rookie

Hey, GREAT snap's of the tailgate party.WAY too much fun ....................
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Hey, they're all posted on my Facebook too - if you're in one, go tag yourself (you have to add me first, "Matt Ion").
(\__/)