Monster Trucks + Ozzy Osbourne at Western Final

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

120dB
Legend

They had a Monster Truck show at Olympic Stadium yesterday as part of half time so I would like to see something electric like that for the Western Final.

I'd also like Ozzy Osbourne with the anthmn

I'd like to see a dazzling ribbon of light right around the stadium much like in GM Place and get rid of that pathetic looking orange plastic ribbon that circle the Upper level. Somehow extend the scoreboard display right around or have a display of lights that flashes on and off right around the stadium when noise is needed or a TD is scored.

and I understand we were penalized for Noise last night? :bawl:
lion24
Legend

I would like to see a pre game UFO convention and a three ringed circus with dwarf tossing as well, and maybe a few booths with the bearded lady, reptile boy....................
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I'd like to see a football game.
Gerry
Legend

No Ordinary Joe wrote:I'd like to see a football game.
:whs:

I could also do without the announcer telling us to make noise on EVERY SINGLE play for our defence. Once in a while, I can live with, if I have to. But every play?

And the music. I like music as much as the next guy, but constant loud music when there is no play being run is too much. Have a bit of music during timeouts maybe, but there's too much noise and yelling going on for my taste.

I wouldn't mind if they read out some updated stats once in a while instead of the music. The music should only be for the Felions, IMO.
Enough is enough.
120dB
Legend

earplugs
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:I'd also like Ozzy Osbourne with the anthmn
I like the first few Black Sabbath albums as much as the next guy, but the fact is – Ozzy couldn't carry a tune in a five gallon bucket.

[youtube][/youtube]
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Gerry
Legend

120dB wrote:earplugs
What about them?
Enough is enough.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Gerry wrote:
:whs:

I could also do without the announcer telling us to make noise on EVERY SINGLE play for our defence. Once in a while, I can live with, if I have to. But every play?

And the music. I like music as much as the next guy, but constant loud music when there is no play being run is too much. Have a bit of music during timeouts maybe, but there's too much noise and yelling going on for my taste.

I wouldn't mind if they read out some updated stats once in a while instead of the music. The music should only be for the Felions, IMO.
I agree, especially about the guy and his damn microphone telling us to cheer. I'm not an idiot thank you very much, I understand when the cheer at a football game. Sure, hype up the crowd for a big play, but you don't need to tell us every single time the opposition offence breaks the huddle and walks up to the line.

As far as the music thing goes, I don't mind it too much, but the constant use of it kinda limits the amount of noise people can make. If they're being drowned out by the sound system they might not be willing to compete with it. I wouldn't say the Lions need to abolish it totally and just save it for the Felions, but maybe lessen the number of times a song is played.

I wouldn't mind seeing more replays either. It was brutal having to wait to see what Jake Ireland was seeing until after the call was already made. It sucks being left in the dark wondering why it was called Edmonton ball when it just appeared like the refs were gathering to discuss the flags, not a change of possession.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hear ! Hear !
cromartie
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote:I would like to see a pre game UFO convention and a three ringed circus with dwarf tossing as well, and maybe a few booths with the bearded lady, reptile boy....................
If you'd like to see bearded ladies, just pay a visit to any town in Northern Wisconsin. Plenty to go around.*

*Note. To make this joke Canadian, just replace Northern Wisconsin with your least favorite Canadian city, or Sudbury.
pinkfreud

Ozzie's talent for singing the anthem is suspect but it would be cool to see him bite the head off a gopher.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

pinkfreud wrote:Ozzie's talent for singing the anthem is suspect but it would be cool to see him bite the head off a gopher.
Or a piss ant.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

pinkfreud wrote:Ozzie's talent for singing the anthem is suspect but it would be cool to see him bite the head off a gopher.
Ozzy vs Gainer – now there's a halftime show!
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
lion24
Legend

No Ordinary Joe wrote:
Or a piss ant.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thup:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Ozzie and talent in the same sentence is suspect.