Edmonton Bound

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

damn im not there till the week after lol
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Gerry
Legend

Hockey tickets would probably double the cost of the trip.
Enough is enough.
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

I'm going to Edmonton with my brother. We will be at that game (First ever Lions road game for us, second ever Esks game at Commonwealth.) and we will also be at the Canucks game at Rexall (First ever Canucks road game, too.). Got all my tickets, the Canucks ones arrived 2 days ago from Stubhub (Section 202, Row 36), so everything is all ready. Lions tickets came a month ago or so. Sitting on the 35 yardline, Lions bench side, Section V, Row 8, lower level. I wanted to sit on the Lions side to shout out support. Flying in the day of the Canucks game.

Would love to run into the Lions fan contingent before or after the game, maybe get some pictures. We gotta bring a presence to Commonwealth.

Canucks play the Oilers at GM Place after the football game. Gonna have to catch it in enemy territory.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

That is an EPIC road trip, 3x1-1... wish I could afford to do it too!

Needless to say, we expect LOTS of pictures!
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

Oh I guarantee there will be lots and lots.

I'm not sure exactly how cold it will be in Edmonton, I wonder if they sell Lions toques at BC Place (or even the Bay at Pacific Centre).
lion24
Legend

Who is coming here for the game on Saturday......just curious????
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
pinkfreud

I won't be making it after all. Maybe next season.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

O'Shea is making the trip. One of her clients is an Esks fans and he's taking her to the game.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

For those of you who will be going to Commonwealth, there's still time to enter a contest to watch the game from a hot tub:

http://www.esks.com/default.asp?V_DOC_ID=1700
Gerry
Legend

The forecast for Edmonton is sunshine, a high of 15, and a low of -1. Should be a great day to watch a football game.

A change of plan for me is that my wife is staying home and I'm going with my oldest son, and will meet up with my youngest son who figures to roll into Edmonton at 9 am coming from the other direction.

So there will be three us to meet up with OS99 and Eskinator and any other people that we can run into.

I'm looking forward to it.
Enough is enough.
Rammer
Team Captain

Gerry wrote:The forecast for Edmonton is sunshine, a high of 15, and a low of -1. Should be a great day to watch a football game.

A change of plan for me is that my wife is staying home and I'm going with my oldest son, and will meet up with my youngest son who figures to roll into Edmonton at 9 am coming from the other direction.

So there will be three us to meet up with OS99 and Eskinator and any other people that we can run into.

Bring a hard hat Gerry.

Although the Esk fans may be expecting a loss making it much easier to handle if the Lions get out front.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Shelion
Champion

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Just cashed in some air miles to get to Edmonton for the game on October 13th. Will of course be hosted by Eskinator and Ture42. Always a good time.
You guys have a great time in Edmonton!
Should be great weather too.
Say hi to Brian and Linda for us :beer:
Gerry
Legend

Rammer wrote:
Gerry wrote:The forecast for Edmonton is sunshine, a high of 15, and a low of -1. Should be a great day to watch a football game.

Bring a hard hat Gerry.

Although the Esk fans may be expecting a loss making it much easier to handle if the Lions get out front.
Not to worry. I have a very thick skull. :lol:
Enough is enough.
eskinator
All Star

Rammer wrote:Bring a hard hat Gerry.

Unnecessary (you're joking right Phil?). No-one is going to hassle a distinguished gentleman like Gerry at the game.

Also, this isn't Calgary, where they sell beer in cans.

I look forward to seeing my buddy OS99 and getting reacquainted with Gerry this weekend.

Weather is supposed to co-operate as well.
What concerns me is not the way things are, but rather the way people think things are - Epictetus
bbgirl
Legend

Wish we could make it out too. Next year!!