PM practice tomorrow 1-3

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Ballistic Bob
Legend

Im thinking about heading out to the infirmary i mean Surrey practice field for an update and look see at JJ. Rammer, Ordinary Joe, have expressed going out. Anyone else. Im off tomorrow so not a problem BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:Im off tomorrow so not a problem BB
How would that be different than any other day? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
D
Team Captain

I'm off 2moro and interested in practice ... has it been moved to 1?
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Rammer
Team Captain

D wrote:I'm off 2moro and interested in practice ... has it been moved to 1?
Yep, strange time as the others are 10:30AM practices, and even the media scrum is in the AM 10 - 11AM tomorrow rather than after practice, maybe something is going on in the AM with the team..... 8)
Entertainment value = an all time low
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Should be a zoo out there in the morning with the media wanting the scoop on DD and Buck's status. Should find out more too with DD weekly radio show tomorrow at 7:30 a.m.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Rammer wrote:
D wrote:I'm off 2moro and interested in practice ... has it been moved to 1?
Yep, strange time as the others are 10:30AM practices, and even the media scrum is in the AM 10 - 11AM tomorrow rather than after practice, maybe something is going on in the AM with the team..... 8)
Monday July 2 was a 12:30 start. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

So I went to practice today which was very cool, the first time I've been to one. I didn't know exactly where to go so I stood by the fence beside the basketball court and watched the O Lineman go through a few drills but then made my way over to the playground and watched there for about an hour before I realized that there were people on the far sideline that appeared to be fans. I didn't know you could actually walk on the field, I figured it was off limits so I walked around the building at around 2:15 and caught the last 20 minutes or so of practice which was so much better than trying to watch through a chain link fence, lol. Paris Jackson looks like a friendly guy, he was making the rounds and talking to a lot of the people who showed up. I'll definitely go again now that I know how close you can actually get to the players. After practice was done I picked up my ticket for the game on Thursday too. :rockin:
David
Team Captain

No Ordinary Joe wrote:So I went to practice today which was very cool, the first time I've been to one. I didn't know exactly where to go so I stood by the fence beside the basketball court and watched the O Lineman go through a few drills but then made my way over to the playground and watched there for about an hour before I realized that there were people on the far sideline that appeared to be fans. I didn't know you could actually walk on the field, I figured it was off limits so I walked around the building at around 2:15 and caught the last 20 minutes or so of practice which was so much better than trying to watch through a chain link fence, lol. Paris Jackson looks like a friendly guy, he was making the rounds and talking to a lot of the people who showed up. I'll definitely go again now that I know how close you can actually get to the players. After practice was done I picked up my ticket for the game on Thursday too. :rockin:
Reason #12,456 why I love the CFL: accessibility.

You don't get some self-important club PR flack ordering you to step back behind a chain link fence so as to "not to get too close to the talent" like you might in some sports. :roll: I've always found the guys to be relaxed and friendly and exchange "hello's" if you happen to make eye contact. Last year J-Chap asked me to play catch with him on the sidelines so he could warm up his arm! Hell, even the beat writers will engage you in conversation if they're approached.

I've also observed players on the sidelines accommodating kids' requests for autographs during practice (although I wouldn't encourage this practice - I think it's an unnecessary distraction and takes advantage of the club's open practice policy. Besides, they're always more than willing to put pen to paper after practice).

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Holy crap! They actually sign autographs after practice? I just recently purchased a BC Lions mini-helmet to give to my Dad as a gift and he's a massive Geroy Simon fan, if I could go to another practice and get Geroy to sign it for him he'd freak out!
Rammer
Team Captain

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Holy crap! They actually sign autographs after practice? I just recently purchased a BC Lions mini-helmet to give to my Dad as a gift and he's a massive Geroy Simon fan, if I could go to another practice and get Geroy to sign it for him he'd freak out!
Just catch them on their way into the dressing room, generally Geroy does get hauled in by the media for a quick comment though, so you may want to wait that out by staying behind the media as they make their bee line to the player that they want a clip from.
Entertainment value = an all time low