Blackout lifted ?

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Will the Blackout be lifted for the Hamilton Game?

Yes
14%
No
36%
Maybe, I just don't care because I am going to the game regardless
50%

Total votes: 14
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Do you think it will be lifted for this cat fight? BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Rammer
Team Captain

Yes I do. This needs a poll....

Nice job on the poll BB. 8)
Entertainment value = an all time low
LFITQ
Team Captain

How about a 4th option.

Maybe. I just don't care because I live outside the black out area and can't make the game.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:How about a 4th option.

Maybe. I just don't care because I live outside the black out area and can't make the game.
:whs:
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

I hate blackouts and don't know why the CFL still insists on having them.
nelson95
Legend

Hope it isn't lifted as being a Thursday game against a weak draw the crowd size may be down anyway
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Don Miller
Legend

:thup: Maybe BB..I gave my tickets for a fundraiser for a little boy with a rare disease..I live in the Wack so I will watch this one on TV. It will be interesting to see who is our starter and reliever. I think we can get by without Otis Floyd for a game or two to get him healthy.
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
D
Team Captain

No Ordinary Joe wrote:I hate blackouts and don't know why the CFL still insists on having them.
To help get people off the coach and into the stadium .... the CFL is very much a gate driven league
I own The Grey Cup! .com
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

cant make the game, but we are outside the blackout range.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: cables out! called shaw and they have no idea why and said they would send a priorty serviceman in a day or 2?? Thanks alot :x :x
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

LOL....sorry Rick.

Should have gotten Star Choice :wink:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:LOL....sorry Rick.

Should have gotten Star Choice :wink:
:lol:
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

D wrote:
No Ordinary Joe wrote:I hate blackouts and don't know why the CFL still insists on having them.
To help get people off the coach and into the stadium .... the CFL is very much a gate driven league
I understand the concept, I just don't agree with it. I think it's an old-fashioned way of doing business. For people who don't have season tickets (like myself) and can't always make the games because of either working or other arrangements, the option to watch the games on TV is something people should have. Especially now that there's 23,000 season ticket holders, I don't think you'd have that much of a drop-off in attendance by putting more games on TV. Besides, the best way to market your product is to actually showcase it. Do you think people will be excited to huddle up around a radio and listen to a game or would more people consider getting together to watch it at a buddy's place? Then, while watching it and seeing how great the atmosphere is (well, not tonight) then they'll be more inclined to actually buck up and go to a game. As it is, the blackout IMO is failing to create more fans from the people who are on the fence about going to see the Lions at BC Place. To get those fence sitters to come out, you've got to show them what they're missing.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Whatever arguments you want to make about showcasing are negated by the fact that all nine road games are televised. I don't know if the blackout was lifted tonight (they are contractually obligated to do so twice per season), but if so, the Lions did themselves no favours.
As it is, the blackout IMO is failing to create more fans from the people who are on the fence about going to see the Lions at BC Place. To get those fence sitters to come out, you've got to show them what they're missing.
Yes, and the road games fail to do this how, exactly?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

sj-roc wrote:Whatever arguments you want to make about showcasing are negated by the fact that all nine road games are televised. I don't know if the blackout was lifted tonight (they are contractually obligated to do so twice per season), but if so, the Lions did themselves no favours.
As it is, the blackout IMO is failing to create more fans from the people who are on the fence about going to see the Lions at BC Place. To get those fence sitters to come out, you've got to show them what they're missing.
Yes, and the road games fail to do this how, exactly?
Because the road games don't capture the atmosphere that's actually inside BC Place. Having 9 games on the road is all fine and dandy, but people aren't going to be attending road games (for the most part). You have to show them games at home. Take the Canucks for instance (kind of a bad example because they sell out every night but just stick with me), when the Canucks score, and people watching at home see that arena just expload with noise and excitement, it gets the blood pumping and people crave to be part of that when they witness it on TV. Now, watch a Canucks game on the road, the Canucks score a goal and....silence. I don't know if that makes any sense or not. I just personally hate blackouts.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Because the road games don't capture the atmosphere that's actually inside BC Place.
Them let's hope this game vs. Hamilton was balcked out because on the Telly there seemed to be no life in the Lions and there was certainly no atmosphere inside BC Place.

If this game was televised I think they lost more fans than they would have gained.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??