Ticket promotion for July 19 game (Hamilton)

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

Kudos to the Lions marketing department. They have partnered with the Steve Nash Charity Classic basketball game (July 21) in which the consumer can buy 2 tickets for both games for only $50 (a $43 dollars savings off the face value of 2 Bronze Lions tickets and 2 $19.50 seats for the basketball game).

They're calling this the "Steal Of A Deal." :thup:

They need to promote the hell out of it on The Beat 94.5.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:Kudos to the Lions marketing department. They have partnered with the Steve Nash Charity Classic basketball game (July 21) in which the consumer can buy 2 tickets for both games for only $50 (a $43 dollars savings off the face value of 2 Bronze Lions tickets and 2 $19.50 seats for the basketball game).

DH 8)
Snicker, snicker, David is in tune with The Beat's target audience. :tease:
Entertainment value = an all time low
David
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:
David wrote:Kudos to the Lions marketing department. They have partnered with the Steve Nash Charity Classic basketball game (July 21) in which the consumer can buy 2 tickets for both games for only $50 (a $43 dollars savings off the face value of 2 Bronze Lions tickets and 2 $19.50 seats for the basketball game).

DH 8)
Well actually, I used to be a nightclub DJ at a downtown Vancouver club so yeah, I know the station fairly well.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:
Rammer wrote:

DH 8)
Well actually, I used to be a nightclub DJ at a downtown Vancouver club so yeah, I know the station fairly well.

DH 8)
It isthe station that I have to go to anytime I am bringing my 11 year old daughter and her friends to a sporting event. Is it just me or is JACK 96 what I should be playing to teach them some quality, Mr DJ?
David
Team Captain

Lol, well JACK-FM, with its heavy emphasis on hits from the 80's is for 40-somethings trying to regain their youth, so I don't know that you're doing your kid any favours. Vancouver's only dance music station now is THE BEAT since Z95 recently changed its format to hits from today and (up to) 15-20 years ago.

While we're on the subject of music, can we please remind the person in charge of the music at BC Place that it's 2007, not 1977? :roll:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Is that $50 for both games or $50 for each (ie - $100 total)?
SammyGreene
Team Captain

And here's an offer from another radio station on Lions tickets:

GO ORANGE! News1130 and the BC Lions are pleased to offer a fantastic deal on BC Lions tickets to the home game vs the Hamilton Ti-Cats on July 19 at 7:30pm! When you purchase one ticket to the July 19th home game, you will receive one ticket of equal value FREE! This offer is available while quantities last (online only), and is valid in Bronze, Upper Silver and Upper Gold seating only. You must use the promo code "BEAT".

OFFER AVAILABLE STARTING JULY 11th! To take advantage of this limited time offer, CLICK HERE (http://www.ticketmaster.ca/promo/fy8azv).

Good on the Lions as this game is shaping up to be perhaps their toughest sell of the season as the Ti-Cats have looked dismal coming out of the gate. The offer also falls in line with the student 2-for-1 vouchers for all summer games.
Rammer
Team Captain

Yep, Hamilton isn't going to exactly be the game that the casual fan are going to get excited about.
David
Team Captain

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Is that $50 for both games or $50 for each (ie - $100 total)?
$50 total (includes two tickets to both events).

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:
No Ordinary Joe wrote:Is that $50 for both games or $50 for each (ie - $100 total)?

DH 8)
The Lions had better begin to observe how many of these promotions that they are including themselves in on. The PNE and this promotion are making my ST purchase advantage almost nil, as I still have to buy those tickets outside of my ST purchase and having four kids tickets at full price tends to make reconsider if both of these events become yearly and especially if I find out about another one.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:
David wrote:

DH 8)
The Lions had better begin to observe how many of these promotions that they are including themselves in on. The PNE and this promotion are making my ST purchase advantage almost nil, as I still have to buy those tickets outside of my ST purchase and having four kids tickets at full price tends to make reconsider if both of these events become yearly and especially if I find out about another one.
That is an excellent point and I wonder about that too when my kids come home with their report cards and it includes those 2-for-1 vouchers for all 5 summer games that are completely useless to me as a ST holder.

Don't get me wrong as I want nothing more than to see the dome full and more casual fans hooked on the Lions, but it can be hard to swallow buying season tickets for your kids with no additional discount.

The biggest thing the Lions have going for them is their season ticket base big enough that you need to make that committment if you want sideline lower bowl seats — something none of those offers will guarantee.
Rammer
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:
Rammer wrote:
David wrote:

DH 8)
That is an excellent point and I wonder about that too when my kids come home with their report cards and it includes those 2-for-1 vouchers for all 5 summer games that are completely useless to me as a ST holder.

Don't get me wrong as I want nothing more than to see the dome full and more casual fans hooked on the Lions, but it can be hard to swallow buying season tickets for your kids with no additional discount.

The biggest thing the Lions have going for them is their season ticket base big enough that you need to make that committment if you want sideline lower bowl seats — something none of those offers will guarantee.
Those vouchers can be used against your ST account SG. I have done it in the past, but because the tickets get bounced to another section, your best bet is to exchange your ST seats at the same time in order to sit together. It is why I gave that up and just purchased my kids seats together with mine.

I do agree that the Lions should offer up a discount for childrens seating, not much my four year old gets from the game other than making me spend more money on the concesssion ( a word that he enjoys using now frequently). LOL
LFITQ
Team Captain

Rammer wrote:
I do agree that the Lions should offer up a discount for childrens seating, not much my four year old gets from the game other than making me spend more money on the concesssion ( a word that he enjoys using now frequently). LOL
A picture is worth a thousand words they say ...

So 2 is even better ...

Granted the one problem with the Lions giving the additional discount on the youngster's tickets, is that they don't get a cut of the concessions. Bringing in younger fans at a discount, most other parks at least can recover the costs on the expected increased sales from the concession. The Lions don't get that benefit.

But I do understand your "pain" ...

BTW: Shaelyn didn't get any vouchers in her report card .... So much for being the "BC" Lions I guess... :wink: 8) 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Nice photos!!

I think the way to boost the Hamilton game here is for the Lions to get a number of the Ticat players to trash some of the Lions stars in the week before the game.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

David wrote:

DH 8)
Wow, what a great deal! I might seriously consider doing that as I was thinking about going to the Hamilton game anyways.