The Fish Juice Chronicles

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

430am. It can't be 430 already. Up, shower, get the game uniform on: home orange, black pants, white sideline cap, black paw earrings, black and orange bead bracelets. Assemble football bag. Radios-check, binocs-check, playing cards for the ferry trip-check, cow bell-check, GPS-check, earphones-check, car stereo-check, building excitement-check and check! Into the Burgundy Rocket and off to pick up Mike (56Parkies), our resident local Eskimo fan and friend! :wink:, stop for life's blood at the local Mac's before getting the 7am boat. We pick up Evan (cflnut) and his sister Sandy, 2 more Eskimo fans visiting Vancouver this week. Hmmm, starting to feel outnumbered! :shock: To stack the odds against us even more, we receive word that yet another Eskimo fan (EskReporter) has landed at YVR and will be driving to meet us at the Surrey office so he can get his tickets. While waiting outside for him, Ty Williams pulls in, likely for a workout, soon followed by Tyson Craiggs. Some good natured ribbing ensues. SM wishes Williams "Good game", to which Williams replies, gesturing towards the Green and Gold contingent "Not for them it won't be" :lol: Busy day squiring our guests around, shopping for the ensuing TG, and touching base with TG central (Bosco et al) to scout the site, set the time. Pull in, set up, relax and wait! Ongoing headcount included the Boscos, AC/DC, pinkfreud, smphantom, I_Bleed_Orange, the omnipresent Ballistic Bob, and various and sundry other visitors and curiosity seekers. Then, Bob makes the presentation. After obvious years of preparation, practice and perfection, THE JUG comes out, and well......I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

It is the oft-discussed, occasionally joked about, often imitated but never duplicated.....Fish Juice! :rockin:
:rockin: :rockin:
Thanks so much to Bob for risking the well being of his home and vehicle to make this presentation. You have no idea how much that meant to us! It was a great conversation piece, and the subject of consumption got tossed around more than Adam Braidwood. 8) The idea of subjecting latecomers to the TG with a cup of FJ was also discussed. I'll post my actual game thoughts elsewhere, but I thought this major presentation deserved its own spotlight! Way to go, BB!! :thup: :yes: :rockin:
Real women wear orange!!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

It almost tasted as good as the Fish juice we get here on the Island.

Thanks for making us feel at home with our favourite beverage, Bob. :thup:

PS: This pavement thing you guys use: quite brilliant.
smphantom
Legend

Yes, it was a good one BB!
Just wish you didn't have to accidentally spill the fish juice on the hot dogs on the BBQ though. :shock:
Stay thirsty my friends.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

I just got through reading Kims post. I busted a gut. It was all worth it. Id do it again for that reaction. Anything for you and SM. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Bob, that was legendary! :beer: Thanks again! :roar:
Real women wear orange!!
lion24
Legend

Solar Max wrote:It almost tasted as good as the Fish juice we get here on the Island.

Thanks for making us feel at home with our favourite beverage, Bob. :thup:

PS: This pavement thing you guys use: quite brilliant.
I see a lot of pavement in Edmonton too, but I guess it is of the "pot hole" variety!!

Hmmm Fish juice!!?? I have had frog's legs and Dandelion wine before but never fish juice??
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
pinkfreud

It was a truly blessed event. Good work Bob.

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

lion24 wrote:
Hmmm Fish juice!!?? I have had frog's legs and Dandelion wine before but never fish juice??
An Island staple for a very long time now. We don't share much of our culture with non-Islanders usually.

8)
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Great pic Susan. BB :beer:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Coho or sockeye ?
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Bob can't you ever be serious???

And then again what would be the point off that...LOL!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
cflnut

That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. What was funnier was the double take that every random passer by did when they saw the juice. :lol:
Rammer
Team Captain

Very nice touch BB, how ever do you find the time to do this.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Bob stole that idea from my "Bass-O-Matic" ... which I of course stole from someone else.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

cflnut wrote:That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. What was funnier was the double take that every random passer by did when they saw the juice. :lol:
Hey Evan! Yes, as the juice fermented throughout the afternoon, so did the ideas as to what should be done with it! :shock: Glad no lasting damage was done to the BBQ, Bob's van, and hopefully the jug! Word to the wise? Beware any 'iced tea' that Bob might offer you at future tailgates! :lol: :lol:
Real women wear orange!!