Blackout

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Ballistic Bob
Legend

Do you think the Blackout will be lifted for the Edmonton game this July 6/07
Don Miller
Legend

:roll: Bob only if they are 90% sold out, although as I recall they can release the blackout for two games and maybe the Edmonton game, the home opener would be one. I will be in Sec 45 row 3, 103/104.. See ya at the game Bob!
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
Rammer
Team Captain

Lions are obligated by the TV contract to lift the blackout for two games this season as they have been the past contract as well. They don't seem to announce this until just before game time, so it becomes a guessing game. In the past they limited the seating configuration to the LB, forcing their hand somewhat to lift the blackout, but now with the UB open, a 90% capacity isn't in the cards, so the games are hand selected.

So you have to figure that the best games for them to do the lift are against the Eastern teams that are at the bottom of the league as these will have the lowest affect on the actual attendance. Also there is noway they sit on the BO lifts unitl the end of the season as the fans will know if it comes down to the last two games that the BO has to be lifted.

With that in consideration the Hamilton and Winnipeg games seem to be a good 3 hour infomercials to set the stage for fans to gain an attachment to the team and realize that the only way to see the games is by being there.

As I have said before though, that is the million dollar question with a $35 answer.
Entertainment value = an all time low
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

If I recall, the last two or three home openers the blackout was lifted. It seems to be a game they target to try and entice more fans for the games to come.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.