Tailgating 101 Rules

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

LFITQ
Team Captain

Thought this might be appropriate to post back up considering we now have a new season under way.

One of the great benefits of being a member of Lionbackers.com is getting involved with our tailgate parties before Lions games. It's a great way to get primed for the game, while meeting new people at the same time.

The tailgaters have evolved from just a few people in 2000 to regular crowds approaching 30 people. Okay, so we have a ways to go before we can challenge Stampeder fans, but we're working on it.

You do not have to be a member of Lionbackers.com to enjoy our tailgates. If you're a Lions fan, or even better, just a fan of of the CFL, stop by and introduce yourself. Bring some grub, we have plenty of grills, and coolers. All we ask is you follow a few simple but necessary rules:

• Respect thy neighbour:
Respect of those around us is key to keeping our tailgaters a success. We also acknowledge that children are often present, so please respect that fact as well.

• Respect what we have started:
Everyone who attends our tailgates has a great time. These things only work because we are responsible and follow our own rules. If you want to cause problems and ruin things for others, then please find another place for your pre-game activities. It only takes one bad apple to ruin it for everyone else. So far the lot we tailgate in have been awesome with us and we would like to maintain that good relationship.

• Drinketh from thou plastic cup:
Drinking in public is illegal, and if it were to happen at one of our tailgaters, it needs to happen as discretely as possible. Bottles are discouraged for obvious reasons, cans preferred. Once poured into a plastic cup, it's game on.

• Leave the lot as clean as when you got there:
Once we leave, no one should be able to tell a den of hungry and thirsty Lions fans just sat there for 3-4 hours, grillin, chillin and swillin. Take home with you what you brought, and make sure all garbage is picked up.

• Fans of ALL teams are always welcome:
As Section 17'ers we often travel to other CFL cities to watch our Lions play. Whether you're an Eskimo, Stampeder, Argo and yes even if you're an Rider fan, you are always welcome at our tailgaters. The CFL is a great vehicle to meet people from across the country, who share your love of Canadian football. If you're from out of town and are attending a Lions game stop by, we'll buy you a beverage.

• HAVE A GOOD TIME!
Tailgating just adds to the whole football experience. We're all here to have a good time, so come and join us, introduce yourselves and have a good time. Once you get the bug, and see how much fun we have, you'll be hooked.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Daved Benefield was doing his bit on 1040 arguing for tailgating and RVs.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
LFITQ
Team Captain

yes which is also another reason why I thought it important to post these again.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Never been to a tailgate party before. The ones down in Seattle are huge (or at least they were at Husky Stadium) and looked like a lot of fun. My buddy and I would always get there too late to join in though. I didn't realize that people tailgated for Lions games too.
bcbillsfan
Rookie

I have not been to a Huskies tailgate in Seattle however I have been around Qwest Feild tailgates a number of times and was suprised by how small the "official" Seahawks tailgate in the North parking lot was. There is a lots of tailgaiting going on in the surrounding area though with many private parking lots full of Seahawks fans. I think Vancouver, like Seattle, being so close downtown with so many bars and pubs limits the tailgate potential.
I have been to NFL games in Buffalo and San Deigo (both way outside of the city centre) and the tailgates there were huge. Some fans in Buffalo show up Friday afternoon in their RV's to get started on the tailgate. San Deigo had a great tailgate as well, and a handy Trolley (like Skytrain) to get fans safely home which was a bonus.
I hope to stop by your tailgate before the July 18th game (plastic cup in hand).

Go Lions!!!
woody
Champion

Just wondering if anyone knows if there will be any place to tailgate when we make the move back to bc place?
D
Team Captain

bcbillsfan wrote: I have been to NFL games in Buffalo and ....
Buffalo is insane ... Tailgating every way you look as far as you can see :rockin:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

IT's a new season so it's a good time to remind everyone to be careful out there because.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark Spencer
prospect

Really informational and guided Tailgating 101 Rules. I read out all the prescribed rules and I got much knowledge from your post.

Thanks for sharing it.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

D wrote:
bcbillsfan wrote: I have been to NFL games in Buffalo and ....
Buffalo is insane ... Tailgating every way you look as far as you can see :rockin:
Can you imagine if Mr. Bongiovi's bid to buy the Buffalo Bills comes through and he did move them to Toronto?

Bye bye tailgating fun.