Attention Vancouver Island Lions Fans!

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Bump.

TG to begin at noon Saturday, Oct. 20th, Duke Point, head of Lane 25.

We'll pack up around 3, last call for food at around 2:45. Remember to use the garbage bags please!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Just about set for the big event at Duke Point Saturday, October 20th.

http://bcferries.com/

We are in BC Ferries debt for doing this for us, and they are encouraged by the support and increased ridership that they are seeing with each successive sailing; the more we use the Service, the more BC Ferries is likely to help us with extra sailings. Here's to BC Ferries, Audra Garsys, Manager, Corporate Sponsorship and Shonna Lavery, who has also helped out with this. :beer:

For those of us convoying from Victoria, once we arrive at the ticket booth, we will be meeting with the Terminal Manager. She will be arranging our setup at the head of Lane 25. For those of you arriving later, that's where we'll be; perhaps you can park close by, or just wander over.

There will be some swag available courtesy of BC Ferries, so make your way over and say hello. After all what would a TGer be without beer? BC Ferries is happy to supply Root Beer, as none of us wishes to imbibe before, during, or after a Ferry ride.

See everyone there.

PS: The Nov 3rd Tailgater: stay tuned.
smphantom
Legend

Solar Max wrote: After all what would a TGer be without beer? BC Ferries is happy to supply Root Beer, as none of us wishes to imbibe before, during, or after a Ferry ride.
Also, if any of the participants are in need of a toke or, a spliff of BC Bud, you only have to look for the nearest Ferry crew member. :wink:
Stay thirsty my friends.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Well, looks like I won't be making it... with my car dead on its wheels, I won't have a way to get out to the Tsawwassen terminal. Maybe for Nov. 3...

I'll just have to hang at the regular BC Place TG.

Cya at the game, kiddies!
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

smphantom wrote:
Solar Max wrote: After all what would a TGer be without beer? BC Ferries is happy to supply Root Beer, as none of us wishes to imbibe before, during, or after a Ferry ride.
Also, if any of the participants are in need of a toke or, a spliff of BC Bud, you only have to look for the nearest Ferry crew member. :wink:
That was pretty funny actually, because there is no blessed way I am getting on a Ferry with straight people driving it. There are rocks and Islands all the way; if you were driving that thing without a buzz on, you'd freak.

Give me a stoned crew any day. 8)

Disclaimer: BC Ferries, that was a joke. Don't take this post at face value please.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Thanks to BC Ferries yesterday for all the cool swag, and putting us on the MV Queen of Alberni FIRST, and allowing us off the boat boat first. Awesome stuff.

The coolest though, was a non football fan deckhand, who thought it might be cool if the Ship flew the Esks and Lions flags all the way across from Duke Point to Tsawassen.

After 2 hours of 45 knot winds, she brought the flags back just before we debarked. "They got a bit tattered. Sorry." :lol:

pinkfreud

That is very cool.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

That is TOO awesome! :rockin:
(\__/)
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:Thanks to BC Ferries yesterday for all the cool swag, and putting us on the MV Queen of Alberni FIRST, and allowing us off the boat boat first.
I love the fact that you guys got to have a ride on a boat boat. Next time... the choo choo! :yes: :wink:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:
Solar Max wrote:Thanks to BC Ferries yesterday for all the cool swag, and putting us on the MV Queen of Alberni FIRST, and allowing us off the boat boat first.
I love the fact that you guys got to have a ride on a boat boat. Next time... the choo choo! :yes: :wink:
And where were YOU, Mr. Vancouver Island? 8)

Seriously though, the response to yesterday's ferrygater was phenomenal-we were able to give away all the pom poms, T-Shirts and hats that BC Ferries supplied to us, and hopefully we generated some positive buzz for future sailings. One thing we did emphasize was that these sailings were not just for the football games, but for day trips over to Vancouver, hockey games-whatever! I'm glad that they split the sailings between Swartz Bay and Duke Point-gives the mid-Islanders a chance to get over for games as well. Big huge kudos to the captain of the MV Queen of Alberni for flying both teams' colours on Saturday, to Franca Forrest (Duke Point terminal supervisor) and Jay Whitlock (Duke Point terminal manager) for making sure we got a primo TG spot, and making us feel so welcome-AND letting us on the boat boat first :wink: Most of all, thanks again to Audra and Shonna at BC Ferries for promoting these sailings so well-the November 3rd sailing should be even better! Stay tuned for details!
Real women wear orange!!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Uh...what's a "hockey", and is it curable? :wink:

Heads up for the Nov. 3rd Duke Point Tailgater; some media may attend, as well as a special guest or two from the BC Lions (hopefully).

3:15 Sailing, TG to commence at around 11:30 AM, head of Lane 25.

Last edited by Solar Max on Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

smphantom wrote:
No Fish juice giveaways Oh the humanity. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:Uh...what's a "hockey", and is it curable? :wink:
Take two pucks and call Brett Hull in the morning!
Heads up for the Nov. 3rd Duke Point Tailgater; some media may attend, as well as a special guest or two from the BC Lions (hopefully).

3:15 Sailing, TG to commence at around 11:30 AM, head of Lane 25.

Aight... I GOTTA make it for this one!
(\__/)
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Ok, Island people, our last shot of 4 this season. Lane 25 at Duke Point, should be getting going at 11:30 to noon on Saturday.

Once again, BC Ferries has donated some swag for the Tailgater, and we look to have some great weather. Shonna and Audra take good care of us! Add to that, Saturday is Coast Saver day, and it's $20 off your car fare, and $5 off each passenger. No reason not to take advantage. Don't forget the return trip Tsawassen to Duke Point is at 11:30 PM, and hey you even gain an hour right after we dock in Nanaimo because of Standard Time change.

Also present will be CJFL Leading Receiver Chris Schaalo of the World Champion (hey, if the NFL can say it.... :wink: ) Victoria Rebels. Ok, not really, but Chris could catch a feather in a hurricane.

Bring some dead animal flesh for the barbie, and see you at noon Saturday.

http://www.bcferries.com/
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Hi L. We need to hear your TG report. Thnx Bob
Wear orange or wear nothing