Attention Vancouver Island Lions Fans!

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Sharpo

Sorry for the mess on cambie guys.. we're working on it, but its going to be a while.

May want to fire off an email to Dale at BC ferries, letting all island folk know the fastest way to get out of Vancouver. no one should have taken cambie at all.

heck let me make a map.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Sharpo wrote:Sorry for the mess on cambie guys.. we're working on it, but its going to be a while.

May want to fire off an email to Dale at BC ferries, letting all island folk know the fastest way to get out of Vancouver. no one should have taken cambie at all.

heck let me make a map.
Thanks, Sharpo, that's appreciated.

One small item for Island Lions fans though: once you're on 99 in Richmond, it's ok to go faster than 60 km/h. Really. It isn't Oak Bay Ave., and very few 90 year old women are jaywalking on 99 South at 11:15 PM.

Go faster-get on Ferry-problem solved. Duh.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

OK time for a bump here! The last 2 late night sailings will be for the last 2 regular season home games on October 20th against the Esks, and November 3rd against the Stamps. The difference with these 2 sailings is that they will be based from the Duke Point terminal in Nanaimo to accommodate those Lions fans who live up Island . We have been working with Audra Garsys in Marketing at BC Ferries, and will be speaking with her on Friday about setting up the first annual Duke Point ferrygater! I will post more details on Friday. This will be to help build interest and traffic for the late night sailings, because if they aren't profitable, they can't continue to put them on. There will be some guests of the Green and Gold persuasion attending this event, and at this point we're outnumbered, so put on your orange and come on out!

Just as an added incentive for those of you on the Island who may be sitting on the fence:

BC Ferries is offering Coast Saver prices for these 2 sailings as well. That translates to $5 off per passenger and $15 off of the vehicle fare. You can't go wrong! :thup:
Real women wear orange!!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Damn, I'd be tempted to hop a boat over just to hit the ferrygater! :)
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
chimpy

sound like the last two games will be great crowds as long as the lions keep winning.

I say 35,000 against edmonton, and the same with calgary.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:Damn, I'd be tempted to hop a boat over just to hit the ferrygater! :)
You should! It's cheap -5 bucks off passenger fare each way! Just walk on on your side, and I'm sure you could find a ride to the game! :rockin:
Real women wear orange!!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:
Soundy wrote:Damn, I'd be tempted to hop a boat over just to hit the ferrygater! :)
You should! It's cheap -5 bucks off passenger fare each way! Just walk on on your side, and I'm sure you could find a ride to the game! :rockin:
Is that an offer? :lol:
(\__/)
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Guess I could always walk on if you're serious. That would make room for you.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Really? That would be really cool of you. Thanks! Guess I'll be there then... keep me posted on the ferrygater, guys! :)
(\__/)
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:Really? That would be really cool of you. Thanks! Guess I'll be there then... keep me posted on the ferrygater, guys! :)
I will tell her this evening then. See you there.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

That's okay, we've already made arrangements ;)

I'll bring Jose, since I won't have to drive!
(\__/)
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:That's okay, we've already made arrangements ;)

I'll bring Jose, since I won't have to drive!
Ok, I have no idea what that means. Are you already getting a ride from Tsawassen to BC Place? Because I just arranged a different ride for myself a while ago with a friend.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Well, I'll have to drive my car TO Tsawwassen in the first place, to get the boat over for the party... you can drive it back to BC Place for me though, since Jose and I will be with Kim... (Jose refers to my good buddy, Senor Cuervo...silly)
(\__/)
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Ah, I see. I did have the Jose part figured out though.

And you can afford to PARK at ferry terminals??? Whoa.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Yeah, doesn't cost quite as much as parking anywhere within 20 blocks of BC Place. Besides, she's worth it!
(\__/)