2007 Lions Game Day Giveaways, Promotions, and Events

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Soundy
Hall of Famer

The mini-footballs were fired into the stands during game breaks. One landed right behind me, another in the row right in front of me... so it was at least a little more interesting than just handing them out at the door. Got the crowd going, at least.

It was a good crowd too... I don't remember seeing the attendance numbers on the jumbotron, but cfl.ca pegs it at 37,011. Pretty good!
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I had one of those mini footballs thrown directly to me by the sidelines in last year's game (vs. Montreal). In that game, many of those who caught those mini footballs started throwing them at a particular security guard on the field.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Robbie wrote:I had one of those mini footballs thrown directly to me by the sidelines in last year's game (vs. Montreal). In that game, many of those who caught those mini footballs started throwing them at a particular security guard on the field.
This time they were thrown at the Eskimos and hit them a few times.
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I didn't think this promo was a good idea. I didn't say anything beforehand (should have). I collected mine (to give to a friends kid). I thought there would be a lot more of them tossed out onto the field (happens anyway but them away before the game :? ). But I got to give my fellow Lions fans credit. A few footballs were chucked during warmups at the Eskimos and a few made it onto the field during various points throughout the game. But not nearly the problem I percieved it would be. Quite a few people did use their freebie football to take shots at the Sandman Blimp and it was funny watching it bounce off the blimp. I think the GeroySimon bobblehead for kids is a GREAT IDEA, hope it brings in some long term CFL/Lions fans!
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

i got mine signed by Jamall Johnson at the end of the game
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:The mini-footballs were fired into the stands during game breaks. One landed right behind me, another in the row right in front of me... so it was at least a little more interesting than just handing them out at the door. Got the crowd going, at least.

It was a good crowd too... I don't remember seeing the attendance numbers on the jumbotron, but cfl.ca pegs it at 37,011. Pretty good!
The one that landed in the row behind you, bounced off my left hand. The reason I couldn't grab it was because my arm was fully extended it and I did see it until I felt it.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

So for those of you with kids, have you decided on a strategy on getting Geroy Simon bobblehead doll in the last home game? Only 3,000 will be given out, so I'm sure they will all be gone soon. I guess in the most extreme case, you can opt to camp your kids outside the stadium for the night, but I don't think anyone will be THAT desparate unlike what some people might do for movie or playoff tickets.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

this is bullcrap. at the beginning of the season they said the first 3000 FANS and now its KIDS??? this is bullcrap :x :x :x
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:this is bullcrap. at the beginning of the season they said the first 3000 FANS and now its KIDS??? this is bullcrap :x :x :x
Do you think you and Lion24 can pass as a 12-year old? :wink:

Also, exactly how do the recipients "prove" that they are 12 and under as people that age usually don't carry any ID? :?
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

yea i think so :P

dunno
LFITQ
Team Captain

Also, exactly how do the recipients "prove" that they are 12 and under as people that age usually don't carry any ID?
Well usually it's done on the honour system. If a kid looks older than twelve then the would say "no" but if the kid complains they will get one. The people giving them away will err on the side of caution each time.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

LFITQ wrote:
Also, exactly how do the recipients "prove" that they are 12 and under as people that age usually don't carry any ID?
Well usually it's done on the honour system. If a kid looks older than twelve then the would say "no" but if the kid complains they will get one. The people giving them away will err on the side of caution each time.
if they ask I'm 12...
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

me too
Robbie
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:
Since you have kids, I guess you need to enter the stadium early and possibly miss most of the tailgate if you want them to get one.

For such a good item, I can imagine kids breaking down in tears if they don't get one. :bawl:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Just start crying about how the media in this town shafts the Lions in favour of the Canucks... they'll certainly believe you're under 12 then!
:bang:
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.